Fan Fic: Searching For My Master
Searching For My Master is a crossover Fan Fic between Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger written by DarkHorse26. DarkHorse26 writes this as an attempt to explore a speculation about Guile from Chrono Cross: Guile is Alfador. This is first published in August 2014 and written in First-Person Perspective.After the events of Chrono Trigger (DS ending) and Chrono Cross, Guile stays at Termina and is a frequent customer at Dragon's Tail Bar. However, he actually stays there for eavesdropping. He is hoping to earn money this way (through adventures or such). He needs money to fund his journey to find Janus, his master and his childhood friend.Soon, Guile overhears about a fierce band of raiders called 'Radical Dreamers' lurking around the forest near to Termina. He first hopes that Wanted Poster will soon by nailed on the bar, so that he can be a Bounty Hunter. However, he quickly concludes that this will attract many rivals, so he decides to find another way to earn money: offering his service as a bodyguard to a rich man at Termina.But things are not as easy as it seems...Can be read at AO3 and FFnet. This is an ongoing series.
Provides Examples Of (beware of unmarked spoilers for Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and the fanfic itself):
- Ascended Extra: Guile. His screen time is very minimum in the original Chrono Cross, but here, he is the main character. Plus First-Person Perspective.
- Beyond the Impossible: Guile doesn't like the word 'impossible'. Also, he tends to put logic aside to make the impossible possible.
- Proven when he catches a hammerhead of a hammer that is as big as himself and struggles to push it back with his bare hands. The wielder is a giant who can lift this big freaking hammer without breaking a sweat, yet this Long-Haired Pretty Boy Black Mage can stop the hammer from crushing him to the point the giant chooses to pull back. This is when his back is aching due to the said giant hammer damaging his spines. Ted directly says this is impossible.
- After defeating the said giant, Guile tries to lift the corpse and fly back to Termina. He fails, but he manages to go against the law of physics by putting logic aside through sheer determination. It doesn't last long as Rai's Dynamic Entry interrupts him, but still.
- Cliffhanger: Chapter 2 ends with Guile's rod broken in the middle of a fight.
- Eye Scream: Guile stabs Ted's eye with his broken rod.
- First-Person Perspective: Told in Guile's/Alfador's point of view.
- First-Person Smartass: Somewhat.
- Impaled Palm: Invoked. See Lodged-Blade Recycling.
- Local Hangout: Dragon's Tail Bar.
- Lodged-Blade Recycling: Invoked. Guile deliberately lets Rai stab through his palm with a knife so that he can use it. And he kills Rai with it.
- Rated M for Manly: Although it's rated as T, the violence and the display of sheer badassery make it manly.
- "Who the hell did he think I was?"
- "It was unnecessary for him to know that putting logic aside to make the impossible possible was something common for me."
- Super-Detailed Fight Narration
- True Companions: Guile (Alfador) and Janus.
- Underestimating Badassery: Gogh underestimates Guile and considers him to be an incompetent physical fighter. Truth? See here.
- Undying Loyalty: The main drive of this story.