Characters: Searching For My Master
The list is incomplete because this is still an ongoing series. May contain unmarked spoilers related to Chrono Cross
, Chrono Trigger
, and the Fan Fic
open/close all folders
Guile / Alfador
The main protagonist of this story. Guile was a cat who became a human (the reason and process have yet to be revealed). He is searching for Janus, his master and his childhood friend.
- Byronic Hero: Let's see... Attractive? He's a Long-Haired Pretty Boy with Rapunzel Hair to boot, plus a Domino Mask. That still doesn't count his athletic build. Self-centered? He only cares for his goal: reuniting with Janus. His temper? He can hide his anger, but is still sensitive. Intelligent? Oh yes. A loner? Definitely, thanks to his self-centered nature. Mysterious, Dark and Troubled Past? Word of God says that this has yet to be revealed.
- Only in It for the Money: He wants to be a bodyguard for Gogh. For what? Money, so that he can buy a ferry ticket to Medina. This is taken Up to Eleven when he chooses to sell the weapons he loots from defeating Ted and Rai instead of working for Gogh.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: His preferred strategy: slay the foes as fast as possible. Healing is considered as a waste of time for him.
- Badass: The prologue says it all. Taken Up to Eleven later on.
- Badass Boast
Ted: You're pretty strong! People usually faint or die after getting hit by my hammer.
Guile (narrator): If he were impressed with me just because of this, then he would end up bowing down before me later. Such injury would only slow me down instead of posing a serious threat.
- Badass Longcoat
- Big Eater
- Bounty Hunter: Subverted. Guile believes that having Wanted Poster nailed on the wall of the bar will only attract rivals.
- The Comically Serious: Despite being The Quiet One, when he thinks about food... Hilarity Ensues.
- Combat Pragmatist: If you talk when fighting, he'll view this as a chance to land a blow no matter what. It's your fault to waste your time.
- Even a broken rod counts as a dangerous weapon.
- Dark and Troubled Past / Mysterious Past: Word of God says that this has yet to be revealed.
- Deadpan Snarker: Capable of being sarcastic sometimes.
- Determinator: Uses this to do the impossible.
- Domino Mask
- Expy: Of Guts plus a dash of Kamina. Who the hell do you think he is?
- Flight / Power Floats
- Heal It With Fire: Guile knows no healing spell, but he can cauterize his injuries with fire magic.
- Heroic Build: Not too muscular, but is still burly.
- Hot-Blooded: Somewhat.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Made of Iron
- Man in White: His usual outfit.
- Mr. Fanservice: His coat is left unbuttoned down to his abdomen all the time, exposing his broad and toned chest.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: Word of God says that this has yet to be revealed.
- The Quiet One: He doesn't talk much.
- Rapunzel Hair: Lavender in color and braided.
- Rated M for Manly
- Slasher Smile
- Squishy Wizard: Averted. See here.
- The Stoic: Even though Gogh gives him a very disdainful remark about his power, he swallows it up.
- Talk to the Fist: Guile considers this a good reply to Rai's Trash Talk.
- Undying Loyalty: This is why Guile wants to search for Janus and reunite with him. He also wants to present Janus good news about Schala and Kid.
Guile's master and childhood friend. His whereabouts is unknown, and Guile's goal is to find and reunite with him while presenting him good news about Kid and Schala.
As a whole
The Radical Dreamers are known as a fierce band of raiders. It formerly consists of four members before Kid's mysterious disappearance. Now, the remaining members are searching for Kid while doing some small-scale raids to fund their travel.
The missing member of the Radical Dreamers.
The shortest, yet most loud-mouthed member of the Radical Dreamers.
The gigantic member in the group.
The most level-headed member of the Radical Dreamers.
A rich man who lives in a huge mansion at Termina.