open/close all folders
Guile / AlfadorThe main protagonist of this story. Guile was a cat who became a human (the reason and process have yet to be revealed). He is searching for Janus, his master and his childhood friend.
- Attack! Attack! Attack!: His preferred strategy: slay the foes as fast as possible. Healing is considered as a waste of time for him.
- Badass Boast
- Ted: You're pretty strong! People usually faint or die after getting hit by my hammer.Guile (narrator): If he were impressed with me just because of this, then he would end up bowing down before me later. Such injury would only slow me down instead of posing a serious threat.
- Big Eater
- Bounty Hunter: Subverted. Guile believes that having "Wanted!" Poster nailed on the wall of the bar will only attract rivals.
- Byronic Hero: Let's see... Attractive? He's a Long-Haired Pretty Boy with Rapunzel Hair to boot, plus a Domino Mask. That still doesn't count his athletic build. Self-centered? He only cares for his goal: reuniting with Janus. His temper? He can hide his anger, but is still sensitive. Intelligent? Oh yes. A loner? Definitely, thanks to his self-centered nature. Mysterious, Dark and Troubled Past? Word of God says that this has yet to be revealed.
- The Comically Serious: Despite being The Quiet One, when he thinks about food... Hilarity Ensues.
- Combat Pragmatist: If you talk when fighting, he'll view this as a chance to land a blow no matter what. It's your fault to waste your time.
- Even a broken rod counts as a dangerous weapon.
- Dark and Troubled Past / Mysterious Past: Word of God says that this has yet to be revealed.
- Deadpan Snarker: Capable of being sarcastic sometimes.
- Determinator: Uses this to do the impossible.
- Domino Mask
- Expy: Of Guts plus a dash of Kamina. Who the hell do you think he is?
- Flight / Power Floats
- Heal It with Fire: Guile knows no healing spell, but he can cauterize his injuries with fire magic.
- Heroic Build: Not too muscular, but is still burly.
- Hot-Blooded: Somewhat.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Made of Iron
- Man in White: His usual outfit.
- Mr. Fanservice: His coat is left unbuttoned down to his abdomen all the time, exposing his broad and toned chest.
- Only in It for the Money: He wants to be a bodyguard for Gogh. For what? Money, so that he can buy a ferry ticket to Medina. This is taken Up to Eleven when he chooses to sell the weapons he loots from defeating Ted and Rai instead of working for Gogh.
- Pinocchio Syndrome: Word of God says that this has yet to be revealed.
- The Quiet One: He doesn't talk much.
- Rapunzel Hair: Lavender in color and braided.
- Rated M for Manly
- Slasher Smile
- Squishy Wizard: Averted. See here.
- The Stoic: Even though Gogh gives him a very disdainful remark about his power, he swallows it up.
- Not So Stoic: Though he is already snapping in his head.
- Talk to the Fist: Guile considers this a good reply to Rai's Trash Talk.
- Undying Loyalty: This is why Guile wants to search for Janus and reunite with him. He also wants to present Janus good news about Schala and Kid.
JanusGuile's master and childhood friend. His whereabouts is unknown, and Guile's goal is to find and reunite with him while presenting him good news about Kid and Schala.
As a wholeThe Radical Dreamers are known as a fierce band of raiders. It formerly consists of four members before Kid's mysterious disappearance. Now, the remaining members are searching for Kid while doing some small-scale raids to fund their travel.
- Power Trio
- Tribal Face Paint: Two white lines on their faces.
KidThe missing member of the Radical Dreamers.
RaiThe shortest, yet most loud-mouthed member of the Radical Dreamers.
- Badass Boast: "You're coming for our heads? I'm gonna take yours instead! And your money too!"
- Deadpan Snarker
- Dual Wield: Daggers.
- Dynamic Entry: He greets Guile with a kick to the face.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Sort of. He tries to kill Guile by stabbing Guile's heart, but with Lodged-Blade Recycling, Guile is the one who stabs Rai's heart. With Rai's own knife.
- Jerk Ass
- Keet: He is active and loud-mouthed, though it's a bad idea to underestimate his combat ability.
- Super Speed: He's so fast that Guile doesn't see him slashing across his chest and dealing serious injuries to his legs. He gains a huge advantage this way, until his Trash Talk gives Guile a chance to get him.
- Trash Talk: His habit. Eventually deconstructed. Badly.
TedThe gigantic member in the group.
- Bald of Awesome
- Barbarian Hero: Not a hero, but his way of fighting is this.
- Big Eater: He only thinks about food.
- The Big Guy
- Blood Upgrade: He looks like a happy-go-lucky fighter...until Guile stabs his eye with a broken rod.
- Drop the Hammer: He wields a very big hammer.
- Heavy Voice
- Only a Flesh Wound: Having a rod transfixed on the chest? Pfft.
- Precision-Guided Boomerang: His hammer. He can throw it like a boomerang, and is accurate enough to catch Guile off-guard.
- Stout Strength
- Super Strength: He can lift an iron hammer which is about as big as Guile himself effortlessly.
- Walking Shirtless Scene
SiegThe most level-headed member of the Radical Dreamers.
GoghA rich man who lives in a huge mansion at Termina.
- Jerk Ass: He is not a nice person.
- Meido: He has one serving him.
- Rich Bitch: A male example. Gogh is rich and arrogant. He underestimates Guile. So. Much.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: No matter what, he keeps pointing at Guile's flaw for being a magician, be it unable to match the Radical Dreamers' speed, being a Squishy Wizard, etc.
- Wine Is Classy: He is taking a sip of his champagne when Guile enters his meeting room.