Fan Fic: Revelations
The archive at Fanfiction.net has more than 50 stories titled Revelations. At the moment, only one of these has a TV Tropes page.Revelations by Aralinn is a fan sequel to The Lord of the Rings about vampires. Yes, there is a secret group of vampires who existed since the time of The Silmarillion, and who kept hidden for three ages, until after the War of the Ring. These are the blood elves. Túrante, the blood elf, reveals herself when she saves the life of Legolas. Some evil vampires had attacked Legolas and company. This begins a plot where Túrante and allies fight the evil vampires.
Revelations by Aralinn provides examples of:
- 100% Adoration Rating: Túrante enjoys this. She is Queen to about 300 blood elves. In chapter 18/19, when Túrante returns to her city, every blood elf, without exception, volunteers to follow Túrante to war. In chapter 21/22, when Túrante needs volunteers for a dangerous mission, the whole crowd offer themselves.Once again her own people shocked her and she had to smile inwardly at herself... and it was hard to control her emotions, the loyalty and dedication of her people was stronger than she had thought possible...
- Always Chaotic Evil: True vampires are always evil. Blood elves are an aversion: a few are evil, but most followed Túrante and became good.
- Big Bad: Eglanon, who appears in chapter 3/4, is the leader of the evil vampires.
- Cain and Abel: Eglanon and Túrante are brother and sister. Here, the younger brother Eglanon is the evil one.
- Distressed Dude: Aragorn, Faramir, Gimli and Legolas all become kidnap victims. They resist capture, but the vampires who attacked them are that strong.
- Eleventh Hour Superpower: Túrante gets a new power in chapter 29/30, just in time to save her allies. She uses the power to destroy some enemies and summon The Cavalry.
- Florence Nightingale Effect: At the beginning of the story, Túrante is the only one who can save the life of Legolas. She does so, by fixing his poisoned wound. The romance comes because of a Psychic Link between Túrante and Legolas; but this "connection" is also why Túrante chose to reveal herself and save his life.
- Jack Bauer Interrogation Technique: In chapter 11/12, Túrante tortures another vampire to get information about the plans of the Big Bad. She had killed the rest, but left one alive for this purpose.
- Hidden Elf Village: Calithil, the hidden city of vampires, somewhere between the Misty Mountains and Fangorn Forest.
- Masquerade: Almost no one knows that vampires exist.
- Non-Human Humanoid Hybrid: Túrante's hybrid ancestry remains secret until chapters 13/14 and 14/15. Her father Elemmírë is an Elf, but her mother Ilmarë is a Maia. Both parents are minor characters in The Silmarillion.
- Our Vampires Are Different: Melkor made two types: the blood elves and the true vampires. Elves become blood elves; humans become true vampires. Both types thirst for blood, but only the blood elves can resist this thirst. The blood elves rebelled against Melkor, but the true vampires remained Always Chaotic Evil. Vampires are not shapeshifters, but they can retract their wings. Their saliva is venom. They cry Tears of Blood. They generally can't make new vampires; only Melkor and Eglanon can do so.
- Psychic Link: Túrante feels a "connection" to Legolas. Túrante enjoys the feeling of peace when Legolas is nearby. The connection is why Túrante chooses to reveal herself and save the life of Legolas at the beginning of the story. By chapter 25/26, Túrante can use the connection to see what Legolas is doing. Legolas also feels the connection, which causes both of them to continue falling in love even as they avoid each other through most of the story.
- Stealth Expert: Túrante has perfect stealth. In the backstory, she used her vampire powers of Super Speed and Super Senses to spy on the characters of The Lord of the Rings and to secretly aid them.
- Suck Out the Poison: At the end of chapter 11/12, Túrante sucks out the venom from Aragorn. Túrante the vampire is the only character who can do this. She sucks the neck, where the other vampire bit Aragorn. The story never explains how Túrante can suck out the blood and venom without injecting her own venom. Túrante does warn that she might take too much blood and kill Aragorn. The chapter ends in a Cliffhanger as Túrante begins to suck blood.
- Tyop on the Cover: The original title was Revalations. Aralinn corrected it to Revelations.