Love isn’t one of the Seven Deadly Sins.A Smallville Fan Fic set in the last season, dealing with the aftermath of Chloe's temptation of the sins in Masquerade and Clark and Chloe realizing their true feelings for each other.
This series provides examples of:
- The Big Damn Kiss: Oh, yeah.
- Cannot Spit It Out: After a brief relationship and years of intermittent feelings, Clark finally tells Chloe he loves her.
- Continuity Porn: At the rate of about one Continuity Nod per five lines.
- Clark gives Chloe the soulmate bracelet from Skinwalker that the writers themselves have forgotten about.
- Chloe remembering that Jor-El tried to freeze her to death in Arrival (he gets better).
- Clark mentions he learned of Chloe's Anguished Declaration of Love in Traveller.
- Literally all kisses between Chloe and Clark are mentioned, minus the one in Hug where she was mind controlled and in Abyss.
- The Battle in the Center of the Mind in Collateral.
- Flashback: Used in some of the Continuity Porn.
- Friends with Benefits: Chloe and Oliver, straight from canon.
- Revised Ending: To the whole of Smallville.
- Saved for the Sequel: The author mentions that she is definitely getting the couple in bed in the sequel.
- Screw Destiny: Oliver thinks Clark did that when he heard that Lois and Clark broke up.“I don’t understand,” he said, baffled. “I thought those two were all written in the stars, or destined to be together or some such nonsense.”
“Looks like someone flipped the script on them,” she chuckled.
- Seven Deadly Sins: Although in Smallville, only five are actually used, and only pride, lust, envy and sloth are mentioned in this fan fic.
- Take That!: The whole story is a Take That! to Chloe/Oliver and Clark/Lois.
- This Is Wrong on So Many Levels: Played for Laughs, see below.
- You're Not My Type: Defied.“How do you know?” she asked, genuinely curious. “You’ve never slept with me, or got physical with me…heck, we’ve just established that you’ve never really even kissed me. To make matters worse, I’m not your type—”
“Hey, I don’t have a ‘type’!”
“Long dark shiny hair, LL monogram,” she continued dryly. “I, on the other hand, have the wrong colour hair, the wrong length of hair, and the wrong initials. A trifecta of Fail, as it were.”