Fanfic: Mother Of Vengeance
A Birthright/Worm crossover, by Leliel. Taylor kills a monster and inherits its power. The universe is never going to be the same again. Can be found on fanfiction here, on AO 3 here, and on Spacebattles here and here.Warning: Story provides spoilers for Worm.
This series provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: where the awnsheghlien come from.
- Ax-Crazy: Chimaera, first awnshegh antagonist Taylor encounters as Adrasteia.
- Body Horror:This is how Amy feels after becoming awnshegh
- Cuteness Proximity: Vista meets Tybalt
- Divine Parentage: An awnshegh is a person with a heritage from the god of Darkness.
- Doing In the Wizard: Dragon explains everything magic in scientific sounding terms.
- Dreaming of Times Gone By: When she gets her powers Taylor dreams of the origins of the awnsheghlien.
- Familiar: Taylor gets one when she becomes a witch
- Femme Fatalons: Taylor has them on hands and feet.
- In Name Only: The crossover at times. The author feels absolutely no problem with stealing things from other Dungeons & Dragons settings or Pathfinder if he thinks it helps the story, though the core is Birthright.
- I Need a Freaking Drink: Piggot's reaction to all of this.
- In the Blood: Par for the course in D&D, and awnsheghlien are called out as having aggressive and territorial natures that lend themselves to becoming a Manipulative Bastard.
- Living Lie Detector: Taylor’s main power, manifests as ‘smelling sin’.
- One of Us: The author. Yo.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: The word awnsheghlien was misspelled for a long time. Actually brought up in character as a frequent mispronunciation.
- Summon Magic: Chimaera summons some reinforcements.Taylor responds in kind
- Tears of Blood: acid tears that appear whenever Taylor gets mad.
- Telepathy: Both Amy and the doppelganger Nex'rik possess this. People are not comfortable with this.
- The Cavalry: Unusually The Legions of Hell get to play this role in the fight against Chimera.
- Voice of the Legion: The Chimaera tends to sPeAk LiKe ThIs in her monster form.
- Winged Humanoid: Adrasteia has wings and they work.
- You Kill It, You Bought It: Bloodtheft, ie how Taylor got her powers. She wasn't happy about that.