"In the words of my girlfriend, the power you learned... I can feel if emanating from you." -Shingou Yarino
Penned by author, this Troper
, Kamen Rider Coronet
is an AC
fanfic centered on Shingou Yarino, who is turned into a Homonculus, which is a PokĂ©mon-parahuman. In this universe, Cyrus Akagi is halfway complete with his goal of ruling both the Torn World and Earth: He has a goal to transform all humans into Homonculi themselves, with over 600 species in all (including Com Mons
the genre of Pokemorphing and blends it with the traditional formula of Kamen Rider
(at least the Heisei Era). Everything here meshes well with Pokémon
and KR, right down to the belt which has a Poke Ball in the middle!note
On the other hand, the first Homonculus was not
Cyrus. More will be uncovered as the fanfic opens up to three more regions. Shingou has no choice but to transform and become a Kamen Rider, and prevent these Homonculi from taking over the already-dominant human race which has been proven by scientists to be Pokemon themselves.
This fanfic provides examples of:
- Animorphism: Subverted in that the changes are gradual, and it doesn't become the actual Pokemon. The power suit end up ATTACHING itself the more frequent it is used. THEN it becomes a Pokemon.
- Alternate Continuity: What if Lucas/Dawn didn't make it? What if Cyrus closed the dimension and completed his goal? What if Cynthia was trapped in said dimension?
- A God Am I: The main goal of Cyrus, just like in the games.
- Only this time, taken even further than Platinum, which went farther than A God Am I.
- He achieves it by becoming Kamen Rider RE:FORME, which is basically a Deconstructed version of Arceus, with a split personality of his 3 parts—Dialga, Palkia and Giratina and ruling over the Torn World as well as the Inevitable World.
- Badass Biker: This being Kamen Rider, its mandatory there is. And it transforms along with the Rider.
- Continuity Nod: So much that they become a Chekhov's Gun at some point!
- Deconstruction: Of the Pokemorph Fan Fic genre. You want me to tell you how long the process takes for you to become an actual Pokemon?
- Half-Human Hybrid: Practically the whole goal of Coronet is to defeat these Homonculi before Cyrus completes his goal.
- The Riders, however, are practically becoming Homonculi.
- And the Homonculi, however, are practically becoming their creatures.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Counting the spin-offs? Why, of course!
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Thanks to the Forme-changing service Pokemon has provided us, the Rider becomes any of the members of his generation's Legendary trio and their Origin Formes.
- Save Both Worlds: The Torn World AND The Inevitable World, which is reality in the Pokemon world.
- Say My Name: SHINGOU! SIRIUS! SHIRONA!' CYNTHIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!''
- Spiritual Successor: To Den-O and Faiz, due to there being a group of good Riders and one bad Rider—Shingou is the Pokemon universe's equivalent of a Homonculi as well as Cynthia having the nervous, muscular, blood and other cells of a Shaymin and Celebi.
- Trauma-Induced Amnesia: Especially Cynthia, due to her time spent in the Torn World.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Especially with the final Forme of Coronet. Which is basically Arceus with 3 split personalities.