Blood Doesn't Make Family
is a Supernatural
and Harry Potter Cross Over
in which Crowley discovers how the Dursleys are abusing Harry and so adopts him as his own son.
Blood Doesn't Make Family provides examples of:
- Angels, Devils and Squid: or angels, demons, and various supernatural things.
- Angry Guard Dog: that just happen to be Hellhounds.
- The Antichrist: well technically Harry's dad got a promotion at work recently...
- Blood Magic: Crowley uses a blood ritual in order to adopt Harry.
- Break the Haughty: Crowley when he and Harry are under attack by other demons and then he's unexpectedly summoned by the Winchesters.
- Canon Welding: Harry Potter onto the Supernatural universe so now there's a group of natural witches and wizards in Britain that are different from the witches of Supernatural who make a Deal with the Devil for their powers.
- The Chessmaster: Crowley
- Cross Over
- Dark Is Not Evil: Harry and his family. Castiel decides that for demons they're "not so bad."
- Dragged Off to Hell: This is the ultimate fate of Vernon and Petunia Dursley.
- Dysfunction Junction: you won't find many happy, well-adjusted people among the cast. Everyone had abusive families or screwed up situations.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: When the Winchesters unexpectedly summon Crowley while he's dealing with some other demons, he is reduced to begging them to save his son.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Crowley, who condemns souls to Hell for a living, is moved to take action when he overhears what's happening at the Dursleys' house.
- For Want of a Nail: Naturally Harry is now a Slytherin and Draco is his roommate.
- Grudging Thank You: Harry insists on thanking the hunters that saved him and his dad even though they had initially wanted to kill them.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Crowley adopts Harry using a blood ritual that simultaneously binds him to Harry and makes Harry a half-demon
- Happily Adopted: Harry with his dad, Crowley, and "Uncle Gabriel."
- Hellhound: Crowley gets Harry a puppy for his birthday.
- Hero Antagonist: The Winchester Brothers, Dumbledore
- Hidden in Plain Sight: Dumbledore can't find Harry as Harry Potter because he looks a little bit different from the blood ritual and is attending Hogwarts under his adopted name —"Harry McLeod."
- Holy Hand Grenade: Gabriel's sword
- I Have Many Names: Gabriel, a.k.a. The Trickster and Loki.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: The wizards find that something happens to the Dursley family... (that something being Crowley and his Hellhound to be specific.)
- Odd Friendship: Crowley and Gabriel
- Overlord Jr.: Harry reckons he'll go into the family business one day.
- Pet the Dog: all of Crowley's interactions with Harry.
- Playing with Fire: Harry gains this power after the blood ritual.
- Serial-Killer Killer: Harry (with help from Gabriel) practices using his demonic powers on criminals.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Gabriel's candy.
- The Trickster: Gabriel
- Training from Hell: Harry gets this, literally!
- Van Helsing Hate Crimes: The Hunters
- Weaksauce Weakness: Unfortunately Harry has inherited a demon's allergy to iron.