Distracted By The Sexy: Comic Books
Melody, my girl, you are a menace to navigation.
- In Astérix the Legionary, Obélix is distracted by the lovely Panacea walking by, and walks into a tree... knocking it over.
- Seen every so often in Gold Digger with characters of either gender. Gina Diggers herself isn't above being distracted by a nice piece of beefcake, for example.
- Archie Comics
- Archie would occasionally have this problem. Once he somehow managed to trip over a floor buffer in a hallway that had been two frames earlier completely clear.
- Another notable example is Veronica deliberately pulling this trope on the boys in gym class, much to Coach Kleats' annoyance. Archie gets back at her by strolling through the girls' gym class in the same way.
- Melody (pictured) from Josie And The Pussy Cats is the poster girl for this trope.
- She nearly got lynched by a town full of angry teenage girls whose boyfriends got distracted by her. And she only escaped because Alan M is her male counterpart.
- She is also a dumb blonde. One time they put her in a heavy fur coat, and the guys are STILL going crazy, which prompts Josie to say, "I dunno. Maybe they have good memories?" And she ignores it.
- In another, Melody chases off some boys to get "peace and quiet," while Josie and Valerie get depressed.
- In one story, Melody needs help losing a beauty contest Alex Cabot entered her in. (She's won so many that her room is overwhelmed with trophies and awards.) to this end, her friends dress her up as a child, an old lady, and in a dog costume. Each time, she attracts little boys, old men, and other dogs.
- Peter Parker when he first meets Mary Jane at a dinner (Amazing Spider-Man #43):
Aunt May: Would you mind passing the butter, Peter?
Peter: (staring at Mary Jane) No—not at all!
Aunt May: Then why don't you pass it, dear?
Peter: Pass what?
- German comic Lula und Yankee: Yankee and his buddies make a tour on a tractor through the countryside. Because this trope happens, they end up in a military area by accident. Hilarity Ensues (well, kind of).
- When Katherine "Kate" Kane was just getting involved in crimefighting, before she first donned the Batwoman costume, she was eavesdropping on several criminals in a bar as they were discussing their upcoming operation. During the conversation one of the men questions the other, Jackson, on if he was paying attention or not. Jackson explains that he was "admiring the view" and is seen openly staring at Kate, then turns to the other man and dares him to say he was not having the exact same thoughts.
- Buck Godot: Zap Gun for Hire. K-BONK! (NSFW)
Abner: Hm. You must get that a lot.
Louisa Dem Five: Abner, I cause so many moral crises that the Slag Bah consider me a religion.
- In the German comic Werner: Werner's dream woman in Volle Latte! She even spends a considerable amount of time totally naked because when Ørg drew her for Werner, he didn't draw any clothes on her.
- In (pre-New 52) DC Comics, this was practically one of Power Girl's established powers. Even Batman resorted to asking her to distract male villains on occasion.
- The discuss on how approach the new Toyman.
Katana: But…The kid made it clear he wants to talk to Superman.
Batman: He is also thirteen years old. Find a way to distract him.
Powergirl: What’s everyone looking at me for? How am I supposed to distract…Oh.
- Smurfette in The Smurfs elicits this kind of response from her fellow Smurfs, as seen on the cover of the children's book Meet Smurfette.
- During The Death of Superman, Superboy encounters Supergirl for the first time, his eyes gaze at her chest as he gags out "I was chest choking!"
- In an early Batgirl story some crooks fighting Batman and Robin get distracted when Batgirl checks her leg for a run in her tights. Batman later says that her feminine vanity came in handy, but she knew exactly what she was doing.
- In "The Heroic Life and Mortifying Death of Radioactive Man", when Plasmo the Mysticmore has called the Superior Squadron to 665 1/2 South Purgatory:
Captain Squid (thinking): Something isn't right here. Why did Plasmo contact us via video when he usually sends his astral image? And why are we meeting here, instead of at Plasmo's Sanctimonious Sanctum Sanctorum? Maybe I should share these concerns with the rest of the group to prepare us for a possible catastrophe! Wow! Lure Lass sure looks great in her new mini-skirt! Now, what was I going to warn the group about?