Waiting for the Bus
is a play by me, Tidal_Wave_17
Plot: Bus 13 is delayed, so the ten student passengers have to wait outside, forced to tolerate each other. And then they have to wait again for the bus the next day. And then the next day. And then the next day...You get the idea.
The group consists of:
- Kaleb: An lonely nerd who hates pretty much everyone because they're all annoying. Ends up with Ginny.
- Brianne: A very popular girl who likes to gossip about people, just for fun. Has a crush on D.C. and is failing most of her classes. Is best friends with Chelsea. Ends up with Jordan.
- Chelsea: Brianne's best friend, also popular, but considerably nicer. Also has a crush on D.C. Ends up with D.C.
- D.C.: A nice, sensitive jock. Is friends with Jazz and Ray. Ends up with Chelsea.
- Jazz: One of D.C.'s friends, a jock, who likes to tell jokes. Thinks of himself as a real ladies man, even though he's not.
- Ray: A hippy/skater type friend of D.C. Is very laid back and is a little dimwitted.
- Reggie: A very creative, sarcastic girl. Friends with Ginny, Echo, and Jordan. Is revealed by Echo to be a lesbian.
- Echo: A stuttering, shy girl with a crush on D.C. Is best friends with Ginny, Reggie, and Jordan. Doesn't like it when people make fun of her stutter.
- Jordan: A depressing boy who writes sad poetry. Is friends with Reggie, Echo, and Ginny. Ends up with Brianne.
- Ginny: A girl who does track and speaks with a Texan accent. Is usually so tired from track practice that she's usually asleep. Is friends with Jordan, Echo, and Reggie. Ends up with Kaleb.
- Mr. Armstrong: A teacher who is forced to stay after school to watch the kids, but has to go in the school constantly to talk on his cell phone to his wife, who isn't happy about him staying after school. He ends up quitting his job while arguing with Principal Jones on the intercom.
to be a link, but it got erased. So now its stuck in limbo.
- Accidental Misnaming: C Variant. Brianne keeps calling Kaleb names that start with 'C' by accident.
- All Guys Want Cheerleaders: Subverted. D.C. asks out nice girl Chelsea instead of ex cheerleader Brianne.
- All Love Is Unrequited: Echo, Brianne, and Chelsea all like D.C. However, D.C. does like Chelsea and asks her out.
- Alpha Bitch: Brianne.
- Berserk Button: Don't ever make fun of Echo's stutter. Ever.
- Brainless Beauty: Brianne.
- Butch Lesbian: Reggie.
- Crack Pairing: Ditzy cowgirl Ginny and loner nerd Kaleb. Also ex-cheerleader Brianne and depressing emo Jordan.
- The Ditz; Ray, and Brianne.
- Embarrassing First Name: Jazz' real name is Jeremiah, and Ginny's real name is Virginia. They are not happy about it.
- Emo Teen: Jordan.
- Genius Ditz: Ginny.
- Girl Posse: Brianne also has several followers who are mentioned but not shown.
- High School: Where the students are forced to wait.
- Insufferable Genius: Kaleb.
- Jerk Jock: Played straight with Jazz. Subverted with Ray and D.C., who are both genuinely nice.
- Loners Are Freaks: Reggie, Echo, Jordan, and Ginny. Kaleb calls them the 'freaky kids'.
- Noodle Incident:
Ray: So, what kind of inappropriate hat did Jazz wear?
D.C.: (Starts whispering in Rays ear.)
RAY: (Eyes open wide in surprise.) You mean it even had a-
D.C.: Yes, it even had that.
- Perky Female Minion: Chelsea is this to Brianne.
- Shrinking Violet: Echo
- The Slacker: Ray.
- Tomboyish Name: Reggie.
- Valley Girl: Brianne can be this at times. She even says the token 'Whatever!' when she gets annoyed.
- Verbal Tic: Echo and her stutter.
- The Voice: Principal Jones. He is heard giving announcements over the speakers several times, but has not been seen so far. And he never will be.