Darth Wiki / Max's Journey
is a Pokémon fanfic
written by Bwburke94
. Set immediately after the Advanced Generation of the anime, the fic follows Max through his first year or so as a Pokémon trainer. Two chapters were written and then deleted, with a side story also deleted, but a re-upload is planned.
The fic's (now former) description on Fanfiction.Net
: "After the end of AG, Max sets off on his own journey. His first stop on the way back home is New Bark Town in Johto
, but when he gets there he finds that a Pokémon trainer has captured four legendary Pokémon
and threatened the entire world in the process."
This fic also has a page on the main wiki, which can be found here
.This page is for the deleted chapters. Once the fic is re-uploaded, only things removed from the re-upload will be on this page.
Tropes used in the temporarily deleted first two chapters:
- Anti-Hero: While not the main hero, Silver comes off as this to the reader in chapter 2. When Max asks him where he got his Pokémon, Silver's response implies that he stole them.
- Ascended Extra: Brendan, though the author's notes at the end of chapter 1 imply that he will not be traveling with May and Max for long.
- Author Avatar / Self-Insert Fic: Averted. "Brendan" from chapter 1 is the male player character from RSE. Since May is the canon player character in the anime, Brendan takes the rival role just as he does in RSE, complete with a first-chapter battle with Max.
- Call Back: Max's Poochyena. Not only is it the same Poochyena from AG001, but Max befriended a Poochyena (which later evolved) in an early Advanced episode.
- Canon Foreigner: Brendan, sort of. He did make a cameo in one of the movies.
- Continuity Nod: Several to the anime, starting in the very first chapter with Max's first three Pokémon.
- The Ralts that Max promised to return for in the anime returns in chapter 1 as Max's starter.
- Ash's Pidgeot returns in Chapter 1 and is given to Max as a gift.
- The Poochyena from the first Advanced Generation episode returns in chapter 1 and is caught by Max. As for why it ended up in Kanto... it's just a fic, you should really just relax.
- Like Father, Like Son: Several characters take after their fathers, as they do in the games and anime. To be specific:
- Max is a Gym Leader's son, and manages to win the Earth Badge on his SECOND DAY as a trainer. May is an aversion, obviously.
- Brock and Forrest are a Gym Leader's two oldest sons, and both have run the gym in the anime. In addition, both use Rock-type Pokémon in the anime, though Brock has other mons as well.
- Silver is a Gym Leader's son, and implied to be a skilled trainer. Given that his father is Giovanni, it's also no surprise that Silver apparently stole his Pokémon.
- Brendan's father is Professor Birch, and Brendan takes an "assistant" role in the first chapter.
- Mythology Gag: A double Mythology Gag in chapter 2. Silver states to have "borrowed" his Pokémon (Bayleef, Quilava, and Croconaw) though the fic implies he stole them, similar to his game counterpart.
- Additionally, the player can "borrow" the second-stage Johto starters in Pokémon Colosseum.
- Name's the Same: The author's notes for chapter 2 lampshade the fact multiple characters are named Silver. Who names their kid Silver, anyway?
- Spoiler Opening: In a sense, the fic's description is this. The trainer with four legendary Pokémon has not appeared yet and has not been alluded to.