Enough expository banter! Today we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For bwburke94... IT IS DESCRIBING TIME! I'm a troper from Massachusetts. Real name Brendan Burke, which I make no attempt to hide. I'm also occasionally a fanfic writer... well, I would be, except for Schedule Slip.
I have received a Made of Win on two occasions:
- For cleaning up Understatement sinkholes (Late 2011)
- For making the page PlayingWith.Yourself a redirect to PlayingWith.A Date With Rosie Palms (2012) note
A contribution I have made has been listed on Funny/TV Tropes on at least three occasions:
- For a creatively-worded The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess joke on Hello, [Insert Name Here]. The gag still exists, but some idiot decided to explain the joke and the entry was removed from Funny/ for that reason. note
- For creating the (now redlinked) SelfDemonstrating.Denning page.
Denning: "This is a message from Lord Nergal. I await you on the Dread Isle. This is a message from Lord Nergal..."
- For participating in the Beast/Bowser◊ Bohemian Parody ATT thread, though I admit I was merely a contributor and not the only person behind it.
Tropes and Useful Notes applying to myself:
- American Accents: Despite being from Massachusetts, I have a Vermont accent because I went to school in Vermont for a few years.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: I can never really focus on one thing at a ti- is that a puppy?
- Asperger Syndrome: Does this really count as a trope? No, I suppose not. So why is this listed on my page?
- Berserk Button: See also my own Fandom Berserk Button page.
- Do not misspell the name of a major character in whatever work you are discussing. Especially on This Very Wiki. And if the spelling of the character's name is important to the work, you have no excuse.
- Deadpan Snarker: When I feel like being one.
- Genre Savvy:
- Gentle Giant: Except when I'm angry. And you do not want to get me angry. My teeth are a deadly weapon.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: I used to wear blue clothes, as opposed to my brother's red. Nowadays, the "tag" has shifted to our accents.
- Middle Child Syndrome: Yes, this even applies when we're all the same age.
- Real Name as an Alias: My name is Brendan W. Burke. The 94 comes from the fact that the name "bwburke" was taken on my first email provider.
Tropes applying to my "Circle B" logo and its later variants:
- Logo Joke: Several - most of which were recreated when I updated my logo later on.
- The original Circle B (September 2013) had only one variant, coloring the circle red and white (mimicking a Poké Ball) for Pokémon fansites.
- The second incarnation of the logo (February 2014) had three variants — the Pokémon variant returned, along with new variants for Fanfiction.Net note and the Out Of The Park Baseball forums note .
- The third incarnation of the logo (September 2014) introduced three new variants, all involving changing the B to another letter: two for my bwburkeMusic and bwburkeGaming YouTube channels note , and one for my 20th birthday Facebook profile picture note . In addition, the OOTP variant was redesigned note to avoid confusion between my avatar and that of a forum administrator.
- The third-and-a-half incarnation (November 2014) note had one new variant, for Gallifrey Base note .
- The fourth incarnation introduced variants for (deep breath...) TV Tropes note , YouTube again note , Skype note , Fanfiction.Net again note , SportsLogos.net note , Twitter twice note , chess.com note , and so on. All previous variants were also revamped for the new color scheme.
- The fourth-and-a-half incarnation (December 2015/January 2016) note has far too many variants to note, as this was the point I started doing logo variants for every site I use the logo on.
Tropes applying to me on This Very Wiki:
- Catch Phrase: In my edit summaries.
- "CLOUD-TO-BUTT ALERT!" Context
- "It's Chekhov with an H." Context
- "It's spelled [name] dammit" Context
- "This is not Attack of the The Eye Creatures" Context
- "_______ are not _______." Context
- "Worm examples go in Literature." Context
- Former catchphrases:
- "Anti-natter-fication" Context
- "Into every generation, ________ is born." Context
Tropes applying to my other Internet hobbies:
- I was a regular on BrantSteele (the site with the Hunger Games simulator) long before it became popular.
- Ascended Meme: I named my Wikia bot account "Quit In Protest Bot", as a reference to my infamous rant on Survivor ORG Wiki.
- Overly Preprepared Gag: Seems to be my specialty.
- I joined Smogon in 2010 specifically to make a Metang@ joke on New Year's Eve of 2012, two and a half years later. The site admins were not amused.
- In early 2012, I created a new Wikipedia Sock Puppet account. Its name, when anagrammed, foreshadowed the account's main purpose... which wouldn't become clear until over a year later in 2013.
- I topped 2012's Smogon prank with a 2013 joke on a sports message board (which will remain unnamed) that I had set up with a gag on a different board in 2005.
- Significant Anagram: I tend to anagram my name or my other common aliases when I need to act "anonymously". It never works.
Other info about me related to This Very Wiki:
- I discovered TV Tropes in 2009, but did not create my account here until The Google Incident in 2010, because I preferred to edit anonymously while I could.
- I clean up Sinkholes regularly. I played a major role in cleaning up Understatement sinkholes, and later launched the effort to clean up Blatant Lies and Sarcasm Mode as well.
- I cutlisted the infamous "Pretty Cool Guy" page, which was cut and subsequently added to the Permanent Red Link Club. This makes it one of the only non-redirect pages in Main/ to be placed on the PRLC without it being the result of a forum thread or other wiki discussion. note
- I created the pages for the following works. This is not an all-inclusive list.
- Angel (IDW) (partially split from Angel)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (split from the Buffy season-specific tropes page)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team (split from main Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers (split from main Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness (split from Pokémon Colosseum)
- Supper Smash Bros Mishonh From God (I was partially responsible for its notoriety, as prior to the page addition in 2013 it was virtually unknown outside of GameFAQs.)
- I'm a semi-frequent page image creator, usually for work pages.