Oh look, I've finally updated my image.
Hey, this is bwburke94!
Enough expository banter! Today we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For bwburke94... IT IS DESCRIBING TIME!
Hey, this is bwburke94! I'm a troper just like you, from Massachusetts. I'm also occasionally a fanfic writer and Let's Player
... well, I would be, except for Schedule Slip
. I discovered TV Tropes in 2009 when I googled Kaizo Trap
. Don't ask me how I remember that, it's an aspie thing.
My name is Brendan. Not a very common name for fictional characters, huh? But if you misspell my name because you're an idiot
, feel my pain.
My username is bwburke94 with all lowercase letters
, and is custom titled that way. I highly recommend you pay attention to that.
I have received a Made of Win
on two occasions:
An edit I have made has been listed on Funny/TV Tropes
on at least two occasions:
Fanfics I have written include:
Tropes applying to myself:
Tropes applying to my "Circle B" logo and its later variants:
- Logo Joke: Several - most of which were recreated when I updated my logo later on.
- The original Circle B (September 2013) had only one variant, coloring the circle red and white (mimicking a Poké Ball) for Pokémon fansites.
- The second incarnation of the logo (February 2014) had three variants — the Pokémon variant returned, along with new variants for Fanfiction.net note and the Out Of The Park Baseball forums note .
- The third incarnation of the logo (September 2014) introduced three new variants, all involving changing the B to another letter: two for my bwburkeMusic and bwburkeGaming YouTube channels note , and one for my 20th birthday Facebook profile picture note . In addition, the OOTP variant was redesigned note to avoid confusion between my avatar and that of a forum administrator.
- The third-and-a-half incarnation (November 2014) note has one new variant so far, for Gallifrey Base note .
Tropes applying to my fanfics:
Tropes applying to me as a gamer:
Tropes applying to my Let's Plays:
- Old Shame: Any of my pre-2014 LPs. I'm surprised I was never Retsupuraed.
Tropes applying to my other Internet hobbies:
- Ascended Meme: I named my Wikia bot account "Quit In Protest Bot", as a reference to my now-infamous rant on Survivor ORG Wiki.
- Overly Preprepared Gag: Seems to be my specialty.
- I joined Smogon in 2010 specifically to make a Metang@ joke on New Year's Eve of 2012, two and a half years later. The site admins were not amused.
- In early 2012, I created a new Wikipedia account. Its name, when anagrammed, foreshadowed my main April Fools' prank of 2013.
- I topped 2012's Smogon prank with a 2013 joke on a certain sports message board (which will remain unnamed) that I had set up with a gag on a different board in 2005. Yep, an eight-year setup.
- Significant Anagram: I tend to anagram my name or my other common aliases when I need to act "anonymously". It never works.
Other info about me related to This Very Wiki:
- I did not create my account here until The Google Incident in 2010, because I preferred to edit anonymously while I could.
- And no, my password isn't "foamy" anymore.
- I clean up Sinkholes regularly. Well, I used to, but now there aren't any to clean up anymore.
- I created the pages for the following works. This is not an all-inclusive list.
Lastly, some random crap:
- I voted Obama in 2012, though it was an anti-Romney vote rather than a pro-Obama vote. After four years of dealing with each of them, I would have preferred to Take a Third Option, but I couldn't because America sucks like that.
- I edit The Other Wiki. I have been blocked several times for trolling, usually on April 1. To be specific, I had accounts temporarily blocked on April 1 every year from 2006 to 2012, and again in 2014.
- I contributed to the Twitch Plays Pokémon lore on occasion, including devising the name "Gimmick" for the Black protagonist. Contrary to popular belief, I wasn't the one who came up with "Allons-y" for the pre-crash Black 2 protagonist.