Me in November 2012, after not shaving for a month.
Hey, this is bwburke94!
Enough expository banter! Today we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For bwburke94... IT IS DESCRIBING TIME!
Hey, this is bwburke94! I'm a troper just like you, from Massachusetts. I'm also occasionally a fanfic writer and Let's Player
... well, I would be, except for Schedule Slip
. I discovered TV Tropes in 2009 when I googled Kaizo Trap
. Don't ask me how I remember that, it's an aspie thing.
My name is Brendan. Not a very common name for fictional characters, huh? But if you misspell my name because you're an idiot
, feel my pain.
I have received a Made of Win
on two occasions:
Fanfics I have written include:
- (List cleared for now. Will be updated once my new fic launches.)
Tropes applying to myself:
- American Accents: Despite being from Massachusetts, I have a Vermont accent because I went to school in Vermont for four and a half years.
- Asperger Syndrome: Does this really count as a trope?
- Berserk Button:
- Do not misspell the name of a major character in whatever work you are discussing. Especially on This Very Wiki.
- When discussing Final Fantasy VII proper, her name is Aeris, not Aerith. NO EXCEPTIONS. I've edit warred with my brother on The Other Wiki over that one.
- If the spelling of the character's name is important to the work (Near's real name in Death Note to give one example), you have no excuse.
- Do not accuse me of being homosexual, racist, or a pedophile. EVER. note
- Do not treat me like I'm still a little kid. EVER.
- Camp Straight: Which is where all the rumors about my sexuality came from.
- Deadpan Snarker: Some of my tweets can be like this. See here.
- Game Mod: I'm a romhacker. I deliberately avoid hacking Super Mario World due to Sturgeon's Law - but I'm open to hacking any other (cartridge-based) game.
- Genre Savvy:
- So you think that aspies Will Not Tell a Lie? Watch your stereotypes be proven wrong. I can be surprisingly deceptive at times.
- TV Tropes Has Ruined My Life, so I can see plot twists coming from a mile away... but I was like that even before then.
- Gentle Giant
- Identical Twin ID Tag: I tend to wear blue clothes, as opposed to my brother's red.
Tropes applying to me as a gamer:
Tropes applying to my Let's Plays:
Tropes applying to my other Internet hobbies:
- Overly Preprepared Gag:
- I joined Smogon in 2010 specifically to make a Metang@ joke on New Year's Eve of 2012, two and a half years later. The site admins were not amused.
- In early 2012, I created a new Wikipedia account. Its name, when anagrammed, foreshadowed my main April Fools' prank of 2013.
- I topped 2012's Smogon prank with a 2013 joke on a certain sports message board (which will remain unnamed) that I had set up with a gag on a different board in 2005. Yep, an eight-year setup.
- Significant Anagram: I tend to anagram my name or my other common aliases when I need to act "anonymously". Also shows up in my fanfics occasionally.
Other info about me related to This Very Wiki:
- I did not create my account here until The Google Incident in 2010, because I preferred to edit anonymously while I could.
- And no, my password isn't "foamy" anymore.
- I clean up Sinkholes regularly. Well, I used to, but now there aren't any to clean up anymore.
- I created the pages for the following works. This is not an all-inclusive list.
Lastly, some random crap:
- I voted Obama in 2012, though it was an anti-Romney vote rather than a pro-Obama vote. After four years of dealing with each of them, I would have preferred to Take a Third Option, but I couldn't because America sucks like that.
- I edit The Other Wiki. I have been blocked several times for trolling, usually on April 1. To be specific, I had accounts (yes, accounts) temporarily blocked on April 1 every year from 2006 to 2012. (But not in 2013.)