A yet unpublished Mega Crossover
set in an Alternate Universe
and written by Over Master
?! So far, the only existing chapters to this point have been written onto paper because the author prefers to work that way before switching the writing to his computer.
In a nebulous future, a multi dimensional Crisis Crossover
has forced characters from several different fictional universes to gather at a large inn named The Fighter's Lodge, at Khazan City, in an alternate Earth set at the exact middle point between several dimensional crossroads. They make a truly eccentric bunch for the most part, ranging from Super Heroes
to bloodthirsty villains, in a complex, multilayered experiment that combines Slice of Life
chapters with a good old ongoing fight for the sake of the Multiverse. If they don't kill each other, they should succeed.
Tropes Included in This Unpublished Fanwork:
- Apologizes a Lot: Ai Kaga
- Baseball Episode.
- Beach Episode.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Belldandy. Oh God, Belldandy.
- Car Fu: When everything else fails to stop an angry Evangeline, Itoshiki resorts to paralyzing her with a temporary binding spell... and then The Joker rams straight into her with a 18-wheeler truck. Ouch.
- Church Militant: Yukariko Sanada and her apprentice Misora Kasuga.
- Cooking Contest: Involving Naked Apron for all participants.
- Christmas Episode.
- Crack Pairing: Pretty much everyone to everyone else.
- Go Karting with Bowser.
- Hot Springs Episode: The Lodge has quite a nice bathouse. That eventually becomes mixed after far too many hilarious accidents and everyone pretty much stops caring.
- Let's Get Dangerous: The Trope Namer himself is here, after all.
- Loads and Loads of Characters.
- Love Freak: Flonne, Amelia, Darkwing Duck, Kim Kaphwan and Midori Sugiura team up to fight for justice. The results just aren't pretty for almost everyone.
- Meido: Roberta.
- Monster Clown: The Joker, as usual.
- Naked Apron: One of the contests to save the worlds involves a Cooking Contest where you have to wear a Hadaka Apron. No matter who are you.
- Naked on Arrival and Naked First Impression: Characters are usually transported to and arrive to the Lodge this way.
- Nosebleed: Averted since the author hates this trope, but it gets a reference when two characters are disappointed their noses don't bleed after peeping on the women's bath. Cue the girls breaking their noses so they bleed.
- Papa Wolf: The Joker, out of all people, can be one to those youngsters he deems his 'pets' or 'henchmen' on a whim.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Darkwing Duck's Drake Mallard routine really doesn't fool anyone, although no one but Joker has the heart to drive the point home to him.
- Red Skies Crossover: The skies over the Lodge are always red. This is what gives the story its title.
- Secret Identity: Mercilessly spoofed and subverted with Darkwing.
- Serious Business: Some of the trials the gods have set up to save reality are full with this.
- Ship Tease: To left and right everywhere.
- Shout-Out: Everywhere, with so many fandoms involved.
- Supreme Chef: Weirdly enough, Joker proves he can be one of these when he isn't putting poisons in the food.
- Took A Level On Badass: Nozomu Itoshiki's alternate dimension self is an Eastern style mage who acts as Negi Springfield's counterpart. He powers his magic up with his own eternal depression and despair, making it strong enough to bind Evangeline for short periods of time and make him able to fight Negi on even terms.
- True Companions: Probably the most unlikely and strangest example ever, but yeah.
- Unwanted Harem: In a weird variation, everyone seems to end up as everyone's else Unwanted Harem in some sort, way or shape.
- Villainous Harlequin: The Joker, when he is feeling nice, comes off mostly as this. He's still a Jerkass though.
- Villains Out Shopping: Most of the resident bad guys have some of these moments.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Haruna Saotome and Harumi Fujiyoshi perhaps spend more time shipping Negi with Itoshiki than would be mentally healthy.