Former child actress, born March 11, 1982, best known for movies like American Beauty, Ghost World, and Dungeons & Dragons, and in her early career for movies such as Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, All I Want for Christmas, Monkey Trouble, Now and Then, and Hocus Pocus.
- Contractual Purity: Presumably avoiding said purity was why she chose to go topless in American Beauty at the age of sixteen. It seemed to work as she got a lot of critical acclaim for her role.
- Dye Hard: Naturally blonde but more commonly known as a brunette.
- Dyeing for Your Art: Gained around twenty pounds to play Enid in Ghost World. She also dyed her hair green for a sequence in the film where Enid does the same.
- Fake Brit: Plays the English Liz Dunn in The Hole.
- Former Child Star: A zigzagged example. She transitioned very well from child to adult, as the only one of her childhood films to be remembered these days is Hocus Pocus. But her famous roles came in her late teens, and her career slowly declined into adulthood.
- The Other Marty: She was originally cast in Election as Tammy, but Jessie Campbell replaced her.
- Star-Derailing Role: Dungeons & Dragons derailed a lot of the acclaim she had earned with American Beauty. She did nearly rebound with a Golden Globe nomination for Ghost World but her Stage Dad's tendencies didn't help.
- Typecasting: As a Cool Loser or outsider type character. Part of this is intentional, as she claimed she "wouldn't wear the frilly bows."