Creator: Tanya Huff
Tanya Huff is a Canadian author of sci-fi/fantasy works. Also, Tanya Huff is scum. In the very best possible way.Her works include:
- The Blood Books, which were later made into the TV series Blood Ties. Huff actually got to write an episode of the show, "Stone Cold".
- The Smoke and Shadows trilogy that followed up the Blood books
- The Keepers Chronicles trilogy
- The Confederation of Valor series
- The Quarters series
- The Wizard Crystal series
- Scholar of Decay, a Ravenloft stand alone novel.
- The The Enchantment Emporium series, starring the magic-using Gale family.
Tropes present in works by Tanya Huff:
- Author Appeal: Nearly every book she writes has people being freely sexually active with both sexes with little consequence (Eternal Sexual Freedom or Free-Love Future, depending on the setting).
- Enlightened Self-Interest:
- In the Confederation of Valor novels, the Confederation gave the humans, Taykans, Krai, and Silsviss tech bumps in exchange for becoming their warrior races for the war with the Others.
- In Huff's short story "A Woman's Work", the Evil Overlady builds hospitals and schools for her citizens, as this makes her popular and less likely to be assassinated. It also enables her to influence what the kids are taught, and who gets to be healed.