Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara, born July 10, 1972, is a Colombian actress, comedian, television hostess, and model.Vergara had been widely known for co-hosting two television shows for Spanish-language television network Univisión in the late 1990s. Her first notable acting job in English was in the 2003 film Chasing Papi. Subsequently, she appeared in films, including two Tyler Perry films, Meet the Browns (2008) and Madea Goes To Jail (2009), receiving an ALMA Award nomination for the latter. Vergara's success on television has earned her roles in recent films, The Smurfs (2011), New Year's Eve (2011), Happy Feet Two (2011) The Three Stooges (2012), and Escape from Planet Earth (2013).In 2012 and 2013, she was the top-earning actress on US television. Vergara stars on the ABC series Modern Family as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett, for which she was nominated for three Golden Globe Awards, four Primetime Emmy Awards, and seven Screen Actors Guild Awards.She's been married to actor Joe Manganiello since 2015.
"Tropes associada con Sofia Vergara":
- Absolute Cleavage
- Catch Phrase: "Ay no!"
- Large Ham: Her combination of Motor Mouth and No Indoor Voice means that any character she plays tends to be rather bombastic.
- Male Gaze
- Ms. Fanservice: There's a reason her Fan Nickname is Sofia Viagra.
- No Indoor Voice: As Gloria Pritchett on Modern Family and just about any character she's played since then.
- Older Than They Look
- Real Women Have Curves: As she says in the commercial for her "Sofia by Sofia Vergara" collection at Kmart:"You can't draw a woman with straight lines, no straight lines."
- Spicy Latina
- Wardrobe Malfunction: At the 2012 Emmys, when the back of the dress she is wearing in the page photo tore.