Creator: Peter Weller
RoboCop (who he played in the first - and best - two films of the series) and loved best for his role as Buckaroo Banzai in the Cult Classic The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.Aside from starring in one of the most iconic sci-fi films in all of history, he's also known for roles on stage and television. He often plays Ensemble Darkhorses and villains, such as Paxton in Star Trek: Enterprise, Stan Liddy in Dexter, and Christopher Henderson in 24. Of course, he's also played sympathetic characters such as Alistair Peck in Fringe and William Lee, the lead character in David Cronenberg's Naked Lunch. He's also the voice of Batman in the animated adaptation of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. He also starred in Star Trek Into Darkness as Admiral Marcus.He's also a major history buff, and has contributed to The History Channel on several occasions. He also teaches courses in ancient history at Syracuse University in New York. And he has a Master's Degree in Renaissance and Ancient Greek artwork. Yes, that means he can call himself Peter Weller, M.A. Just in case you didn't think he was awesome enough. * He also has an extremely cool and instantly recognizable voice. In fact, reread this entry in his voice and see how much cooler it sounds.
- Badass Baritone: His voice fits perfectly for such roles.
- Badass Bookworm: Has a doctorate in Italian Renaissance art history
- The Cast Showoff: That really is him singing, blowing a mean cornet and playing piano.
- He has a healthy musical background, having played in one of the famous Lab Bands during his time at the University of North Texas. He even had a jazz band with his Buckaroo Banzai co-star Jeff Goldblum for a while (Jeff is also a big fan of jazz music).
- Hey, It's That Guy!: His Breakout Role had an almost completely covered head and he often plays supporting (or antagonistic) roles.
- Mean Character Nice Actor: Often cast in villainous (or at least menacing) roles, contrasting his genial nature.
- One of Us: He's a big 'ol history nerd.
- Production Posse: He has a two-man one of these going with producer Manny Coto, appearing in Odyssey 5, Star Trek: Enterprise, 24, and Dexter, all Coto-produced shows.
- Rule Of Sean Connery: If he's in something, it automatically has bonus points.