Creator: Martin Lawrence
Martin Lawrence is an American actor and comedian. Born April 16, 1965, he began his career as a stand up comedian and gained notoriety in the 1990s after a successful run on Star Search. He has branched into acting, directing, producing and writing.
Roles Of Note:
- Bad Boys (1995): Marcus Burnett
- Blue Streak (1999): Miles Logan
- Life (1999): Claude Banks
- Big Mommas House (2000): Malcolm Turner
- Black Knight (2001): Jamal Walker
- Acting for Two:On his sitcom Martin he played him self and several other characters the most notable one Sheneneh .
- Actor Allusion:in the first Bad Boys movie, Julie asked Marcus (Martin Lawrence) if he "felt funny" and he answers "Well, I'm not a comedian..."
- Abhorrent Admirer: Sheneneh in the tv series Martin.
- Butt Monkey: Marcus Burnett in Bad Boys.
- The Casanova:His character on A Thin Line Between Love And Hate.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander:Jerome on the T.V. series Martin.
- Cluster F-Bomb: When he is doing stand up comedy .
- Cow Boy Cop:in Bad Boys and Blue Streak.
- Delivery Guy Infiltration: Miles Logan in Blue Streak.
- Disguised in Drag:His character Malcolm Turner had to do this in every Big Mommas House film.
- Dumbass Dj:His character Bilal in House Party.
- Everything Is Racist: Did a bit on this on his stand up movie You So Crazy.
- Fat Suit:Had to be a fat elderly lady in Big Mommas House and it's sequels.
- Jerkass: His character in National Security. How much is he? He practically ruins the life of the cop who was trying to help him; I.E got him thrown in jail over a tape that looked like police brutality (it wasn't, he was trying to kill a bee and Martin's character is deathly allergic to bee stings), refused to tell the truth to the man's wife due to the fact she was black, and when said cop rightly gets fed up and punches him in the face for his doucebaggery. He tracks the man down over the slight and punches him back. Just...wow.
- N-Word Privileges
- Odd Couple: His character Marcus Burnett with Mike Lowry in Bad Boys.
- Prison Rape: Made a joke of this in his You So Crazy Stand-Up Comedy movie .
- Salt and Pepper: In National Security, Nothing To Lose and Blue Streak.
- Sassy Black Woman: Shenehneh in Martin and Big Momma in Big Mommas House.
- Stand-Up Comedy
- Talking to Himself: In Martin he plays multiple characters .
- Token Minority: His character in Wild Hogs.
- Uncle Tomfoolery: His character Terrance Paul Davidson in Nothing To Lose.