Science fiction encourages us to explore... all the futures, good and bad, that the human mind can envision.Marion Zimmer Bradley (1930-1999) was a prolific Speculative Fiction and Fantasy writer who was often regarded as having a feminist bent to her work. MZB, as she was known to fans, was a co-founder and the namer of The Society for Creative Anachronism.She was most famous for her Darkover series and the novel The Mists of Avalon. She was a contributor to the Thieves' World setting, with a sequence of stories featuring Lythande, Mage of the Blue Star. She also dove into gay and lesbian Pulp Fiction early in her career.Her former husband was convicted of a number of offenses involving children, and there is debate as to what extent she was aware of or complicit in these activities. See The Other Wiki for more information.
— Marion Zimmer Bradley
Works by Marion Zimmer Bradley with their own trope pages include:
- Black Trillium (in collaboration with Andre Norton and Julian May) and her solo sequel, Lady of the Trillium
- Darkover series
- Lady of Avalon
- The Lythande stories
- The Mists of Avalon
Other works by Marion Zimmer Bradley provide examples of:
- Atlantis: Web of Darkness and Web of Light. Also mentioned as where the people of Avalon come from in The Mists of Avalon.
- Contemptible Cover: Hunters of the Red Moon
- Knife-Throwing Act: Knives of Desire
- Bradley was also a target girl for a knife-thrower act herself in her younger days
- Perspective Flip: The Firebrand retells the Trojan War from the perspective of Kassandra.