Kippurbird (also known as Kippur) is the author of the Eragon Sporkings site and has analyzed several bad books chapter by chapter. He is also co-author of the Urban Fantasy in progress Death God Rising.
Books analyzed include:
- Brisingr (That particular sporking took two years to finish!)
- Touching Spirit Bear
- The Fifth Sorceress
- The DaVinci Code
- Anita Blake: Danse Macabre
- Maximum Ride
- Twilight (Note: It's not on the actual site, but can be found on his LiveJournal.)
Kippur's various sporkings provide examples of the following tropes:
- Acceptable Targets: The bad writing itself.
- Accentuate the Negative: In a good way.
- Deadpan Snarker: Kippur.
- Drinking Game: The sporkings of the first few chapters of Brisingr tally the drinks you should take if playing.
- Follow the Leader: Kippurbird has a handful of other sporkers on his site, who review a variety of books. He is also very encouraging about it.
- Fridge Logic: Lampshaded whenever it shows up.
- Ho Yay: Kippur makes sure to point out whenever Eragon has "slashy moments" with his brother and cousin. And then there's the Meat Series. The Meat Series can be found here, if you're interested. WARNING: Contains truckloads of Squick.
- MST: Obviously.
- The Nicknamer: Kippur himself when it comes to unimportant and/or uninteresting characters. ("Dwarf" anyone?)
- Rooting for the Empire: Kippur often wishes death on Eragon and frequently points out that Galbatorix is a good ruler compared to some of what the Varden do, like executing people who disobey their superiors.