Creator / Kippurbird
(also known as Kippur) is the author of the Eragon Sporkings site
(currently under reconstruction after wikispaces closed)and has analyzed several bad books chapter by chapter. Has written an actual book: the Tropes of Fantasy Fiction
Books analyzed include:
Has written an actual book: the Tropes of Fantasy Fiction
Kippur's various sporkings provide examples of the following tropes:
- Acceptable Targets: The bad writing itself.
- Accentuate the Negative: In a good way.
- Deadpan Snarker: Kippur.
- Drinking Game: The sporkings of the first few chapters of Brisingr tally the drinks you should take if playing.
- Follow the Leader: Kippurbird has a handful of other sporkers on his site, who review a variety of books. He is also very encouraging about it.
- Fridge Logic: Lampshaded whenever it shows up.
- Ho Yay: Kippur makes sure to point out whenever Eragon has "slashy moments" with his brother and cousin. And then there's the Meat Series. The Meat Series can be found here, if you're interested. WARNING: Contains truckloads of Squick.
- MST: Obviously.
- The Nicknamer: Kippur himself when it comes to unimportant and/or uninteresting characters. ("Dwarf" anyone?)
- Rooting for the Empire: Kippur often wishes death on Eragon and frequently points out that Galbatorix is a good ruler compared to some of what the Varden do, like executing people who disobey their superiors.