Creator: Gwendoline Christie
Gwendoline Christie (born 1978) is an English actress known for being 6 feet 3 inches tall, making her one of the tallest actresses in the world. She hails from the South Downs, and started doing gymnastics at school there, but a spinal injury caused her to switch to acting. She was trained by actor-author Simon Callow and graduated from Drama Centre London in 2005.After finishing her studies, Gwendoline settled down in London, and began acting in stage plays, notably as Lucifer in Christopher Marlowe's Doctor Faustus. Like many English actors, she acts in stage plays, movies, and TV shows. She was also the subject of a series of pictures by photographer Polly Borland.Her most prominent role now is in HBO's Game of Thrones as the tall female warrior Brienne of Tarth, which she won in a nearly uncontested audition after showing up in armor. Her portrayal of Brienne gained widespread praise.
- Great Expectations (2005 stage version) as Mrs. Hubble
- Cymbeline as The Queen
- Gilgamesh (2009 stage version) as Ishtar
- Breakfast at Tiffany's (2009 stage version) as Mag Wildwood
- Doctor Faustus (2010 stage version) as Lucifer
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus as Ursula Bond Street
- Game of Thrones as Brienne of Tarth
- Wizards Vs Aliens as Lexi
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 as Commander Lyme
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens as Captain Phasma
- Adaptational Attractiveness: Brienne is described as being an ugly woman, nicknamed "Brienne the Beauty" out of spite, and Gwendoline was made to look not so much ugly as Hollywood Homely through a combination of masculine armor, dirty makeup, and an unflattering hairstyle.
- Dawson Casting: She is about 15 years older than Brienne. Part of it is an Age Lift of some characters. And that, as with Peter Dinklage playing Tyrion Lannister, there are few actors fitting the character's unusual physique.
- Dyeing for Your Art: To play Brienne, Gwendoline gained about 15 pounds of muscle, cut her hair short, and went around town wearing androgynous clothes.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Appears to have a real-life version, as demonstrated here.
- Platonic Life Partners: It would seem that she's this with her co-star, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
- Statuesque Stunner: At 6′3″, she towers over most men and women in the acting industry.