Gary Busey: [to his reflection] HOW AM I DOING TODAY GARY BUSEY?
Gary Busey's Monster Reflection: YOU'RE DOING GREAT!
Gary Busey: GOOD! WELL THEN I'LL KEEP IT UP!Gary Busey (born June 29, 1944) is an American actor and crazy man. Originally from Texas, Busey began his career in 1968 and his popularity sky-rocketed with The Buddy Holly Story. From there, Busey had acclaimed and memorable roles such as Thunderbolt and Lightfoot and Lethal Weapon.A motorcycle enthusiast, Busey was famous for not wearing a helmet. That would all change on December 4, 1988, when he got into a motorcycle accident and seriously damaged his skull in the process. Busey spent several months in physical therapy regaining control of his entire body, and he suffered brain damage that weakened his mental filters. This went un-diagnosed by doctors for a long time, and the general view of him now is that he's absolutely crazy. It's a fair assessment, any interview he gives is unsettling.Busey has something of a cult following due to his hammy performances. He also battled with drug abuse and in 1995, he had a cocaine overdose and never did drugs again. He's also the father of Jake Busey.
- 1974: Thunderbolt and Lightfoot as Curly
- 1976: The Gumball Rally as Gibson
- 1976: A Star Is Born as Bobbie Ritchie
- 1978: The Buddy Holly Story as Buddy Holly
- 1978: Big Wednesday as Leroy "The Masochist" Smith
- 1983: D.C. Cab as Dell
- 1985: Silver Bullet as Uncle Red
- 1987: Lethal Weapon as Mr. Joshua
- 1988: A Dangerous Life as Tony O'Neil
- 1990: Predator 2 as Peter Keyes
- 1991: Point Break as Pappas
- 1992: Under Siege as Commander Krill
- 1993: The Firm as Eddie Lomax
- 1993: Rookie of the Year as Chet Steadman
- 1994: Surviving the Game as Doc Hawkins
- 1994: Drop Zone as Ty Moncrief
- 1996: Black Sheep as Drake Sabitch
- 1997: Lost Highway as Bill Dayton
- 1998: Soldier as Church
- 1998: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas as the Highway Patrolman
- 2000: Tribulation as Tom Canboro
Tropes relating to the actor:
- As Himself:
- Southern-Fried Genius: Busey hails from Goose Creek, Texas.
- Tempting Fate: Busey was famous for riding a motorcycle without a helmet, which led to his 1988 motorcycle accident.