Gary Busey: [to his reflection] HOW AM I DOING TODAY GARY BUSEY?
Gary Busey's Monster Reflection: YOU'RE DOING GREAT!
Gary Busey: GOOD! WELL THEN I'LL KEEP IT UP!Gary Busey (born June 29, 1944) is an American actor and a crazy man. Originally from Texas, Busey began his career in 1968 and his popularity sky-rocketed with The Buddy Holly Story. From there, Busey had acclaimed and memorable roles such as Thunderbolt and Lightfoot and Lethal Weapon. A motorcycle enthusiast, he was famous for not wearing a helmet. That would all change on December 4, 1988, when he got into a motorcycle accident and seriously damaged his skull in the process. He suffered brain damage that weakened his mental filters. This went unnoticed by doctors for a long time, and the general view of him was that he was absolutely crazy. It's not an unfair assessment. Busey has something of a cult following due to his hammy performances. He also battled with drug abuse and in 1995, he had a cocaine overdose and never did drugs again. He's also the father of Jake Busey.
- 1978: The Buddy Holly Story as Buddy Holly
- 1978: Big Wednesday as Leroy "The Masochist" Smith
- 1985: Silver Bullet as Uncle Red
- 1987: Lethal Weapon as Mr. Joshua
- 1990: Predator 2
- 1991: Point Break
- 1992: Under Siege as Commander Krill
- 1993: Rookie of the Year
- 1994: Surviving the Game
- 1994: Drop Zone as Ty Moncrief
- 1996: Black Sheep (1996)
- 1998: Soldier
- 2000: Tribulation
Tropes relating to the actor:
- As Himself: He holds the honor of being the very first Hitman target to be fully based on a real person, and even voiced his virtual counterpart.
- Irony: Busey was famous for riding a motorcycle without a helmet, which led to his 1988 motorcycle accident.
- Southern-Fried Genius: Busey hails from Goose Creek, Texas.