D. G. D. "The Deej" Davidson is a science fiction writer and archaeologist, as well as an avid Catholic and blogger, who runs the blog The Sci Fi Catholic
. He is also the author of a couple of fanfics (for Bone
and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
), and is currently working on a book, Rag & Muffin: Tales of a Fourth Grade War Goddess
, which he calls a "Dungeon Punk Magical Girl Noir
His fanfics can be found here
(older, less polished ones) and here
Fanfics with their own pages include:
Tropes found in his body of work:
- Dead Fic: A couple, including his oldest My Little Pony stories, Shadow of the Dragonlords and To Woo a Princess—especially since they've been Jossed (the former fic, for instance, has Shining Armor harbor a crush a Twilight Sparkle... the story was written before it was revealed that Shining was Twilight's brother.)
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The titles for his stories tend to be very straightforward (with the exception of "Forever", which, conversely, is a rather trite title.) Some of them have been compared to "scandalous broadsheets" (such as "Human Shining Armor Gets Twilight Sparkle Pregnant").
- Interspecies Romance: A couple of his stories involve this kind of romance; it never ends well.
- Which is in line with his philosophical views on the matter. He has dedicated a couple of blog posts to this subject, here (warning: Bone spoilers) and here (also see his comments on another blogger's post, here.) Essentially: it's fine as a traditional allegorical device, but if you literally and seriously feel attraction for a non-human creature, something's not right.
- The Verse: The "Chronoverse", a setting he's developed for his My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic fanfiction.