, real name Jonatan Söderström, is a Swedish
indie game developer known for his many short, quickly-produced games that frequently utilize Mind Screw
. His official website is here
and is also part of a band named Crystal Boys
He also has a brother, Benjamin
, and collaborates with Dennis Wedin
as part of Dennaton Games.
Several of the games cactus has produced have TV Tropes
pages of their own. Among them are:
cactus's body of work displays the following tropes:
- Black Comedy
- Body Horror / Eyes Do Not Belong There
- Bullet Hell: He loves this genre, it seems.
- Level Editor: BlockOn! combines this with Randomly Generated Levels—you provide the level layout, the program sets up the traps and enemies.
- Ludicrous Gibs: For those games which have blood.
- Mind Screw: A lot of the games.
- Ninja: The protagonists of Shotgun Ninja, Saru Ga Daisuki, Ninja Flu.
- No Plot? No Problem! / Excuse Plot: For most games, the "plot" is the single paragraph on the download page.
- Retraux: Most of his games are in a vintage, pixelated style.
- Stylistic Suck: Ted's Wet Adventure. His other games sometimes show elements of that.
- Violence Is Disturbing: Quite a few of his games (such as Dear Agent, Xoldiers, Hotline Miami) share the motif of a protagonist instilling mindless violence for violence's sake, or because they are Just Following Orders.
- Vaporware: The third Mondo game.
- Widget Series: Pretty much everything he has done. Well, Weird Swedish Thing, to be precise.