Burn the Trash! is a Shoot 'em Up made by Cactus, the same guy who made Mondo Agency, Mondo Medicals and Clean Asia. Quite an amazing game considering he made it in only 36 hours.Equipped with only your trusty laser and beam, your spaceship must destroy waves of trash (which behaves mostly like stationary, bullet-spewing turrets) for as long as you can. There are two ships available, with slightly different weaponry, and you can switch between them at any time. Needless to say, the game is Nintendo Hard in some of the later levels.Game can be found within this compilation. (There is also a standalone version avilable on Cactus's website, but it is an incomplete, glitched version.)
Burn the Tropes!
- Artificial Stupidity: What did you expect from trash?
- Bizarre and Improbable Ballistics
- Bullet Hell: One of many such games in Cactus's body of work.
- Chain Reaction Destruction
- Combat Tentacles
- Destructible Projectiles: One of the weapons available does just that.
- Epileptic Flashing Lights: Only with the text, though.
- Excited Show Title!
- Scoring Points: No matter what your high score is, some Asian kid beat you by a million points.
- Time-Limit Boss: The main cause for your failure.