A mangaka who primarily works on shojo manga. She made her pro debut in 1996 with the one-shot The Style of the Second Love (2番目の恋のかたち, Niban-me no Koi no Katachi), which was later reprinted in the one-shot compilation manga Kanshaku-dama no Yuu'utsu. Tanemura later gained fame less than a year later with the manga I-O-N, a high-school romance (a common staple in the shojo genre) with a supernatural twist.Her works usually contain Magical Girl stories (with a few exceptions) and extremely cute drawings that are deemed too saccharine for some, juxtaposed against frequently dark and angsty storylines that deal with issues like suicide, parental abandonment, and attempted rape. Tanemura's distinctive art style was intended to be difficult to animate, but this has not stopped Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Full Moon o Sagashite from being adapted into anime series.She is a known fan of JPop music, especially Hello! Project artists and Maaya Sakamoto. This factor has turned now into a Promoted Fangirl fact, as she's recently provided the character designs for the multimedia idol project Idolish 7.As of 2015, Tanemura also releases doujinshi under the pseudonym Arina Meguro.
- Kanshaku-dama no Yuu'utsu (Short-Tempered Melancholic)
- Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
- Time Stranger Kyoko
- Full Moon o Sagashite
- The Gentlemen's Alliance
- Mistress Fortune
- Sakura Hime Kaden (aka Sakura Hime: The Legend of Princess Sakura)
- Fudanjuku Monogatari
- Neko to Watashi no Kinyoubi
- 31 Ai Dream (Idol Dreams) — Tanemura's first josei manga
- Touken Ranbu Gakuen
- Akuma ni Chic x Hack
- Shunkan Ryle — As the writer
- Art Evolution
- Bishounen and Bishoujo
- Break the Cutie: Her longer works really like to pile on the angst.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Her male love interests tend to be on the possessive side.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Her works often end up as these after her characters going through Break the Cutie moments.
- Fate Drives Us Together
- Informed Attractiveness
- Magical Girl
- Ordinary High-School Student: Some of her female leads.
- Only Six Faces: Boy oh boy does she suffer from this one. But the amount of pretty makes up for it. A chart showing notable differences in faces (particularly eye sizes and shapes) can be seen here◊.
- The Power of Love