Comicbook: Godzilla: King of the Monsters!
A comicbook set around Godzilla
, following him after he surfaces in USA and rampages through Marvel Universe
for twenty-four issues (August, 1977- Huly, 1979). After the later Showa films of The Seventies
made Godzilla into more of a heroic character, Marvel's comic run returned him to being a destructive animal.
Since this series ran, Toho
has used its particular logo for Godzilla (shown in the upper-left corner of this page's image) as the basis for the trademark stamp of Godzilla on their own merchandise.
This comic has the examples of:
- Arbitrary Skepticism: Despite being in a universe filled with superheroes and various other monsters, Dum-Dum Dugan refuses to believe in the Abominable Snowman.
- Chainsaw Good: Rhiahn, with his rotating "helicopter blades of buzzsaw death" tail.
- Humongous Mecha: Red Ronin, a Samurai-themed robot constructed to fight Godzilla.
- Mugging the Monster: Shrunken Godzilla provides a surprise to two muggers as he is led around New York disguised in a coat and a hat.
- Nuclear Nasty: A yeti encased in ice is released from its slumber thanks to nuclear radiation, which also grows it into Godzilla-size.
- Shrink Ray: S.H.I.E.L.D. contacts Giant Man to provide them with gas that shrinks Godzilla for several issues.
- Time Travel: The Fantastic Four use their time machine to send temporarily shrunken Godzilla to prehistoric time, where he fights against and alongside the Devil Dinosaur and Moonboy.
- Viva Las Vegas: After breaking a dam, Godzilla wander into Vegas, ruining one loser's chance to get rich at gambling.