Comic Book: Pug Davis
Pug Davis is a comic book by Rebecca Sugar (of Adventure Time and Steven Universe fame). About an astronaut dog named Pug Davis, along with his sidekick, Blouse.
Pug Davis provides examples of the following tropes:
- Adorkable: Blouse
- Arbitrary SkepticismBlouse: I guess I always kind of thought you were an . . . alien.Pug: But I have an American spacesuit and I defend the Earth.Blouse: Well . . . Superman's an alien and he defends the Earth.Pug: Superman's made up.
- Artificial Limbs: Pug has robot arms.
- Almighty Janitor: Pug used to be this.
- Black ComedySalesman: Please accept [the artificial arm], free of charge! . . . half of our customers come by because you tore off one of their limbs.
- Broken Bird: Blouse.
- Bumbling Sidekick / Cowardly Sidekick: Blouse, although a bit more toned down.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Both Pug and Blouse are shown to have this, although many details are withheld.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Pug.
- Mind Rape: Happens to Pug and Blouse by a brain alien.
- The One That Got Away: Presumably a scientist that worked at NASA while Pug was there.
- Shapeshifting Seducer: An alien first turns into a human female, which doesn't work with Pug. Then tries to come on to Blouse, who doesn't get it. The alien leaves and returns as a human male. Of course, this is all part of his plot for revenge on Pug.
- Straight Gay: Blouse.
- Stepford Smiler: Possibly Blouse, he's a lot more cheerful than Pug but was disowned by his parents.
- Tearjerker: So many.
- Token Human: Blouse, although Pug's actually a human reconstructed to look like a dog.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: Pug has an American flag on the front of his spacesuit.