Dinosaurs Vs Aliens is a graphic novel created by Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black) and Grant Morrison (also known for We3).The story focuses on a secret world war battle that was never recorded in the history books. When an alien invasion attacks Earth in the Age of the Dinosaurs, the planet's only saviors are the savage prehistoric beasts which are much more intelligent than humanity has ever imagined.A feature film adaptation is also currently in development
The comic includes the following tropes:
- Amplified Animal Aptitude: The dinosaurs are depicted as sapient, wearing face paint and armor and using tools.
- Anachronism Stew: Scar, the carnivorous dinosaur wearing a Triceratops skull as headgear, is an Allosaurus, even though the story is supposedly set in the Cretaceous Period.
- Ancient Astronauts
- Cool Versus Awesome
- Dumb Dinos: Averted. The dinosaurs are sapient.
- Dying Race: The aliens
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin
- Misplaced Wildlife: Spinosaurus, Giganotosaurus, and Saltasaurus did not live in North America. The author actually knew this, but included them anyway.
- Raptor Attack: The raptors have feathers.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Both averted and played straight. While there's well-known dinosaurs like Tyrannosaurus rex and Spinosaurus, lesser-known ones like Saltasaurus and Hadrosaurus appear as well.