Characters: The Dark Knight Saga Other Characters
This page is for characters from Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Saga
who don't fit anywhere else.Return to the main page.
open/close all folders
Played by: Will Friedle (voice in Batman: Gotham Knight)
The man who approached ex-GCPD Brian Douglas, and invited him to join the Batmen.
"What gives you the right? What's the difference between you and me?"
An ex-cop Batman Impersonator who tried to capture the Chechen and the Scarecrow.
"How could you want to raise children in a city like this?"
Played by: Beatrice Rosen
The prima ballerina of a Russian company.
- Ballet: The Prima Ballerina of a Russian Ballet Troupe.
- Hidden Depths: At first, she appears to be Bruce's latest piece of arm candy to help him play up his image as a careless playboy. However, she proceeds to engage in an intelligent debate with Harvey and Rachel about Batman and she holds passionate views about vigilantism.
- Ms. Fanservice: Justified because she's suntanning in a yacht.
- Statuesque Stunner: Just look at her! She stands at five-foot-nine, and is an incredibly gorgeous ballerina.
"I'm Mike Engel for Gotham Tonight."
Played by: Anthony Michael Hall
The Gotham City news host of Gotham Tonight.
- Ascended Extra: Aside from a small role in the film, he was more or less expanded in the viral campaign for The Dark Knight, having interviews with notable people like Harvey Dent on his show.
- Bound and Gagged: By the Joker, but he and his camera crew, plus a few other people, are dressed up as the Joker's clowns in a Disguised Hostage Gambit. The Joker does this with other hostages as well at the top of the Trump Tower to trick the SWAT teams, but this trick fails on Batman due to Batman unmasking Engel first and realizing those dressed as clowns are hostages.
- Catchphrase: The above quote.
- Deadline News: Forced at one point to read commands to Gotham by The Joker. Subverted, as he survives the experience.
- Intrepid Reporter: Although he's the host of his news show, he does report from the ground.
- Mouth of the Joker: Engel delivers the Joker's threats after being taken hostage following the hospital explosion. That includes the maniacal laughter that the Joker wrote down verbatim on the cue cards:
Mike Engel: "I'm Mike Engel for Gotham Tonight. What does it take to make you people join in? You failed to kill the lawyer. I've got to get you off the bench..."
The Joker: Bench...
Mike Engel: "And into the game."
The Joker: ...game.
Mike Engel: "Come nightfall, this city is mine..."
The Joker: Mine...
Mike Engel: "... and anyone left here plays by my rules."
The Joker: ...rules.
Mike Engel: "If you don't want to be in the game... get out now.
The Joker: ...get out now
Mike Engel: "But the bridge and tunnel crowd are sure in for a surprise. Ha ha ha ha."
Played by: Juno Temple
A close friend of Selina Kyle.
- The Ditz: She isn't exactly stupid, but she either ignores or is unaware of the seriously bad aspects of Bane's 'rule'. Nor does she seem to be a very good thief.
- Expy: Of Holly Robinson.
- Hooker with a Heart of Gold: Implied to be this, but she's not exactly all that pure herself.
- Morality Pet: For Selina, though she's also a partner in crime - Jen steals a guy's wallet, and then Selina kicks his ass out while discreetly lifting his wallet.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She disappears before the climax of the third movie and isn't mentioned again.
Dr. Leonid Pavel
"Dr. Leonid Pavel, nuclear physicist."
"Nothing! I said nothing!"
A Russian nuclear scientist Bane has kidnapped.
"Was getting caught part of your plan?"
"Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA."
A CIA agent tracking down Bane.
- All There in the Manual: His name, Bill Wilson, was only revealed in the novelization.
- Asshole Victim: Given his treatment of prisoners, even if they are evil, his own death is less likely to be mourned.
- Badass Boast: "The flight plan I just filed with the Agency lists me, my men, Dr. Pavel here, but only one of you! First one to talk gets to stay on my aircraft!"
- Character Death: In the plane crash.
- Famous Last Words: "Well, congratulations! You got yourself caught! Now what's the next step of your master plan?"
- Glory Hound: The novel suggests he's one.
- Good Is Not Nice/Good Is Not Soft: This role is just a minor break from the type of characters Gillen portrayed in Game of Thrones and The Wire; though he's undeniably with the good guys, his methods are rather brutal, not to mention that he's a Smug Snake.
- I Am the Noun: "Dr. Pavel, I'm CIA."
- Large Ham: On the plane, he tends to yell his lines.
- Oh, Crap: His look when Bane boasts his plan includes crashing the plane with no survivors.
- Smug Snake: He's too confident about his prisoners and his plane.
- Too Dumb to Live: Wilson apparently doesn't believe that getting caught really was part of Bane's plan... in spite of the fact that he has quite obviously been double-crossed by the guy who handed over prisoners he said worked for Bane, without mentioning that one of them was Bane.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: He believes himself to be the heroic interrogator of very bad men. He's truly a Red Shirt.
"I'll die before I talk."
An officer in the US Special Forces who managed to sneak into Gotham after Bane's take over as part of a plan to defeat Bane and his forces.
- Face Death with Dignity: His most memorable line is calmly telling Bane that he'll die before telling Bane anything.
- Sacrificial Lion
- Shaggy Dog Story: He and his men manage to infiltrate Gotham, get past Bane's guard, start coordinating a plan with Gordon... and then all get slaughtered by Bane before they can accomplish anything because of Miranda/Talia's betrayal.
- The Stoic
- Undying Loyalty
- You Shall Not Pass: Downplayed, but he and his men try to give Blake, Gordon, and company time to escape.