open/close all folders
Shadow the HedgehogAfter a year within the ranks of GUN, Shadow is fed up with not being taken seriously as an agent. Surly and antisocial.
- Butt-Monkey: To pretty much every character that interacts with him.
- The Comically Serious: Especially when in a conversation with Sonic.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Maria calls him Shaddykins, Sonic calls him Slim Shady.
- I Work Alone: His preferred method of doing things, but GUN seems pretty hell-bent on sticking with the Buddy System.
- The Lancer
- Only Sane Man: He tends to accept everyone else's nutty goings-on with bitter sarcasm, especially when Sonic starts singing...
- Perpetual Frowner: To the point that when Maria makes him laugh, it feels... weird.
- The Rival: To Sonic, as always, but much more pronounced.
- Sanity Slippage: To the point where in one chapter everyone, even the Narrator on Pokémon, starts to sound like Eggman to him.
Sonic the HedgehogAll speed and mad skillz, he finds joy in helping others, singing along to early 2000's rap-rock, and making Shadow completely miserable.
- Blow You Away: Uses his 'Sonic Wind' ability more than once.
- Breakout Character: Was originally supposed to only be in a few chapters, but then the fans said that they enjoyed his banter with Shadow, so expect him a lot more often!
- Dreadful Musician: Read the karaoke chapter with caution. See also Giftedly Bad.
- The Hero/The Leader: Leads Team Hardline, much to Shadow's dismay.
- Hypocrite: He's fed up with Shadow's constant wangsting and refusing to help others unless it serves him in some way, but Sonic's not the nicest hedgehog in the fic, either (see below).
- Took a Level in Jerkass: And how. Starts to toe the line of What the Hell, Hero?.
Maria RobotnikBrought back for reasons unknown (to Shadow at least, everyone else knows but just won't tell him), Maria wants to help Shadow find his conscience while he teaches her how to fight. Really (and we mean really) likes My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and the Backstreet Boys.
- Death Is Cheap: Or so it seems...
- Little Miss Badass: Yet to be revealed, but the title kinda gives it away.
- Littlest Cancer Patient: In the flashback sequences.
- Morality Chain: To Shadow, as long as she's around...
- The Sixth Ranger: She's the last person to join Team Hardline; she had to ask the Commander first.
- Robot Girl
Miles "Tails" ProwerSonic's closest friend and confidant. He was recently hired by GUN to head their tech department, but just putting together his qualifying project was stressful enough. Will he enjoy his new job, or will he quit before something serious happens?
- Chekhov's Gunman
- Grade-School CEO: Leads an entire team of military technicians. Did we mention that he's only eight?
- The Smart Guy
Blaze the CatCommissioned by GUN to help with the attack on Eggman. Don't worry about the Sol Emeralds, the Chaotix is looking after them!
- The Lancer
- Following The Plotted Line: Her excuse for being at Shadow's party.
- Playing with Fire: Her main ability.
Knuckles the EchidnaEnlisted to help with the attack on Eggman's new fortress of evil. Has a side career as a hand model.
Dr. EggmanFresh off the set of a certain movie and inspired by all the respectable villains he was surrounded with, he seems to be up to no good once more!
- Stalker Without a Crush: Seems to have hidden cameras everywhere just to spy on Sonic and Co.
- Took a Level in Badass: Makes both Sonic and Shadow back off from fighting him with just a threat. Not an empty threat, mind you.
Rouge the BatShe's the one that convinced Shadow to join GUN in the first place, and he's not exactly too pleased about it. However, the two are still close friends.
- Brick Joke: She still occasionally suffers from a severe lack of judgement, due to her situation in the first fic not exactly being sorted out...