Characters: Rockabilly Zombie Weekend
The Main Group
Played By: Daniel Baldock
The protagonist of the film and the groom at the wedding. Grant is a tattooed, slick redneck driving a classic pickup and loving his bride-to-be against his mother's disapproval. When the zombies show, he and Tommy quickly take point and try to get their friends and family out of harm's way.
- Action Survivor
- Berserk Button: Not even his mother gets away with insulting his bride-to-be.
- Cool Car: His 40s vintage pickup.
- Disappeared Dad: His father is never seen or mentioned.
- Just A Flesh Wound: Completely averted when he takes a bullet to the leg, which causes immediate dizziness and loss of consciousness from blood loss and pain. While occasional adrenaline rushes help speed him up a little, he's left limping throughout the rest of the film and almost always needs someone's help to move.
Played By: Christina Bach Norman
of the film and bride at the wedding. Just as tattooed as Grant and with an even cooler car, but more emotionally fragile and takes the various deaths and dismemberments much harder.
- Action Survivor: Mostly toward the end, as she's forced to help defend the wounded Grant and helps concoct the final escape plan.
- Cool Car: Her black 1969 Mercury Marauder X100, a relatively rare muscle car.
Played By: J. Benedict Larmore
Grant's best friend and second-in-command, Tommy is just as tough as his best friend and has a similar fashion sense and personality (though a bit more openly flirtatious thanks to being single).
Played By: Melissa Gruver
Becky's mother, a crack addict who "gives handjobs in the restroom" at Shifty's Bar, where she works as a bartender. Patti is a haggard mess stuck in a rut, ruined by drug abuse and a mean husband.
Played By: Randy Molnar
Becky's father, a fat, old, perverted hick who doesn't care for his wife and drunkenly leers after Micca. Despite this, he still has some good in him...
- Badass Grandpa: He may be a complete drunk and asshole, but he'll be cocking a Winchester and blowing your zombified brains out with one hand while pulling a nurse to safety with the other.
- Dirty Old Man: One of his first actions in the film is getting a long view of Micca's butt in short shorts.
- Driven to Suicide
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Buried ridiculously deep under a thick layer of perversion and drunken abuse, but his love for Patti is in there somewhere. And the first time he's seen after the zombies hit is when he's saving innocent people at the hospital and battling a horde by himself.
- Killed Off for Real
Played By: Mark Chandler
A much kinder and calmer man than Bo, though with a rather creepy pet tarantula. The polar opposite of Bo: tall and lanky, long hair, and a fatherly demeanor and great love for Becky. Despite his odd appearance, he maintains a state of rationality and helps out as much as he can.
Played By: Michelle Elise
Becky's best friend and target of some early perversion by Bo, who accompanies her to the wedding and quickly gets swept up in the chaos of the impending zombie apocalypse.
- Ms. Fanservice: Shows more skin than anyone else, and the film and trailer both have lingering shots of her ass in short shorts.
- Killed Off for Real: With a lingering shot of her bloody corpse with brains splattered in a puddle of blood in case it's not clear.
- Zombie Infectee
Played By: Julie Moss
A shrill harpy of a woman and Grant's mother, who massively disapproves of his marriage to Becky (viewing her family as white trash) and maintains a distinctly different sense of style and attitude from her firmly "country boy" son.
Played By: Emily Cutting
One of Becky's friends who ends up going with the group during their escape, and ends up shooting the turned Micca.
- Flat Character: Mostly exists to provide another potential death to the group. Her biggest moment is taking the gun to go check on Micca in the convenience store and being forced to shoot her when she comes out as a zombie.
- Zombie Infectee: Though she gets eaten in the truck before turning from her bite, she starts to show signs beforehand.
Played By: Jayvo Scott
A big mechanic friend of Grant's and Tommy's, and possibly the first at the wedding to get infected.
Another friend of Grant and Tommy, a very muscular man and expert fighter who gets to put the beatdown on some zombies in his own special way.
- Advertised Extra: Only has a handful of lines and a short fight scene, but is one of three actors advertised on the posters. The reason for this is exposure: Christina Bach, J. La Rose, and Seth Petruzelli are either experienced actors with an existing resume or are a celebrity in some other fashion, whereas the majority of the others are relatively minor locals.
- Hey, It's That Guy!: He's even referred to by his UFC nickname, Seth "Silverback" Petruzelli, the man who left Kimbo Slice drooling on the octagon floor in 14 seconds.
- Killed Off for Real
Played By: Mandaddy
The "alternative" minister brought in to officiate the wedding, a snarky man in a black and red robe.
- As Himself: Sort of. Mandaddy does the Sinister Minister weddings for real (one of many with a similar concept), and the character in the film is essentially a carbon copy of the real man right down to his wit. He's still credited by his stage name, but they're essentially one and the same.
- Bald of Awesome
- Hey, It's That Guy!: More for Central Florida natives: Mandaddy is the lead singer of local metal band Gargamel and regularly did trivia nights at local bars and clubs, on top of his real life alternative wedding officiation.
- Killed Off for Real
A drifter who came into the area shortly before the zombies arrived and is found hiding in the back of a local convenience store by the heroes.
Played By: Greg Neff
Owner of the eponymous Shifty's Bar, a grumpy old man who starts to feel a little ill....
Another of Becky's friends at the wedding.
Played By: Rusty Riegert
No relation to the Doctor Who
protagonist. A doctor at the local hospital who tags along with the group for a (very) short time after they rescue him.
Played By: Scott Singer
A biker who gets sprayed with the mosquito repellent (along with Shifty) and starts feeling queasy as he tries to head for home....