Characters: Naruto - Anime Exclusive Characters
aka: Naruto-Anime Only
Back to the main character index
open/close all folders
Guren (紅蓮, Guren) is a kunoichi from Otogakure and the female leader of Orochimaru's subordinates. She uses the unique Crystal Release brand of techniques. She wants to be Orochimaru's next body. After Orochimaru found Sasuke, he no longer had any use for Guren until she is called by Orochimaru to escort a boy name Yuukimaru alive to the lake where the Three Tails Sanbi lives.Yuukimaru is young and his body is weak. He fall ill during the trip and starts to grow feelings for Guren. As Yuukimaru can somehow control the Sanbi, Guren is forced to see Kabuto using Yuukimaru's powers to the limit, putting his health in jeopardy. In the end, Guren choose to forget Orochimaru and flee with Yuukimaru in a place where Orochimaru will not be.
- The Atoner: She wants to make up for killing Yuukimaru's mother by taking care of him herself.
- Badass: Fighting with the Three Tails. Indeed.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Gozu is fiercely loyal to her because she cared for him when Orochimaru was planning to cast him away, and he saves her life in the end.
- Co-Dragons: With Kabuto, for Orochimaru
- Crystal Prison: Her ability is to crystalize anything. This means she can turn people into crystals right down to the cellular level. The only ones known to have escaped from this jutsu are Hinata, who surrounded herself with a protective chakra cloak, and the Three-Tails a monster created from chakra.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Or Defrosting Crystal Queen.
- Gemstone Assault
- High Heel-Face Turn: After being fed up by Kabuto's treatment of Yuukimaru.
- Leitmotif: Also called Gurren
- Mama Bear: Becomes one to Yukimaru.
- Morality Pet: Caring for Yuukimaru is the first step on her path to redeemption.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When she realize that the woman she killed years ago was Yuukimaru's mother.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
- You Killed My Father: She killed Yuukimaru's mother, but she never knew who she was, until the end
Hotaru is the pupil of the six-tail host Utakata in the dedicated arc. The latter denies being her master, but taught her a few techniques nonetheless (although some unintentionally…) She has a powerful and dangerous technique sealed inside her. She is deceived by a man named Shiranami, who wants to activate this technique. Utakata saves her, and acknowledges her as his student, before being captured by Pain.
Idate Morino (森乃イダテ, Morino Idate) is the younger brother of Ibiki Morino. Former Ninja of Konoha, he was manipulated by Aoi Rokushou to steal The 2nd Hokage's Raijin Sword (Blade of the Thunder Spirit). After Aoi defect to the Hidden Rain Village, Idate is framed for treason and defects from Konoha. Idate joins the Wasabi family after he's adopted by Jirōchō Wasabi, head of the Wasabi family in the Land of Tea.
- Face-Heel Turn: It's not like he wanted to, but unwanted events leads him to that. Defecting was all he could do.
- Fragile Speedster: He's not much of a fighter, but he's faster than many ninja.
- Hot-Blooded: Not to the extent of Rock Lee, but still.
- Secret Test of Character: Failed one in the tenth question, having chosen to persist even knowing that if he passed, his teammates would fail.
- Took a Level in Badass: Over the course of his filler arc.
- Undying Loyalty: To Jirōchō for believing in him.
- Unwitting Pawn: To Aoi in much the same way Naruto was to Mizuki, with the prize being becoming a Chunin rather than graduating.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: To Ibiki. Unfortunately, Ibiki doesn't approve of Idate's reasons for or dedication to become a ninja,
A young monk at the Temple of Fire, who is endowed with some of the Nine-Tailed Fox's chakra
- Blow You Away: His chakra type is wind.
- Canon Immigrant: Again, not Sora himself, but the idea of "Pseudo-Jinchuriki".
- Jerk Ass: Incredibly rude to most people, and even has the nerve to try to call Tsunade a hag.
- Not So Different: Like many filler characters, he has a background similar to Naruto's. Unlike many filler characters, he has powers similar to Naruto's.
- One-Winged Angel: The Fox Cloak.
- Razor Wind
- Red Right Hand: Can transform his arm into a grotesque talon by drawing on the Fox's chakra.
Yaoki and Korobi
From the filler episode "Gaara's Bond" they are two Suna shinobi paired with Gaara for a mission. They're both terrified of him since this takes place very, very recently after his Heel-Face Turn
and they remember the things he's done. Both of them are puppeteers, though they also can fight hand to hand, as shown when helping fight Gaara's would-be assassins with sticks
- Heel Realization: Naruto, on the way to help Gaara, calls them out on abandoning their "friend". Korobi quietly questions Yaoki about their actions, and they go back and help Gaara, telling him they're his friends. They also reaffirm the statement at the end of the episode.
- Lovable Coward: Not serious cowardliness, per say, since many Sand Shinobi had been scared of Gaara for years and he'd only recently done a Heel-Face Turn as of the time of the episode (and the cowardliness in no way applies to the mission). The loveable part comes after their Heel Realization and they go help Naruto save Gaara.
- Repeat What You Just Said: Gaara says this, and Yaoki quietly apologizes for leaving him to the assassins earlier. Gaara does the "no, before that" and the guys realize what he really wants them to say:
- Spanner in the Works: Not hugely, since Naruto was doing most of the work, but them coming back and helping Gaara, while saying he's their friend, clearly unsettled the squad of assassins at least. Their behavior may also have been part of the reason for Gaara's leniency against the people who tried to kill him.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: A very mild version, but the puppets they're carrying are used by the assassin squad against Gaara, and were apparently given to them for that exact purpose since the puppets are perfect suited to trap him. One would of course wonder why the squad wouldn't have carried those themselves (outside of Korobi and Yaoki being closer to Gaara, physically).
Condor is an ostrich that Team 7 was once tasked to retrieving. At some point after Sasuke's defection, Condor escapes again, apparently taking several levels in badass
in the process.
A character from the Chikara
) arc, Disonasu is an elderly man and the leader of Hachō Village, providing relief efforts to the survivors of the Tonika Village massacre, he is later revealed to be the Big Bad of the arc and the one behind the massacre in the first place. He is revealed to have been a Serial Killer who once worked for the Akatsuki and studied under Orochimaru, and who murdered and replaced the previous chief in order to activate the Ama no Hoko.
Nine-Tailed Naruto Clone
From the Chikara
) arc, it is a clone of Naruto in his Four-Tailed V2 Fox Cloak created when Kabuto accidentally infected Naruto with his Clone Snakes jutsu. The clone rampages, nearly killing Naruto, before being restrained. It later fights Naruto atop the Ama no Hoko and seemingly falls to its death, but returns as a hydra-like monster.
- Artificial Human: Formed from miniature snakes capable of duplicating a person's appearance by draining their chakra.
- Ax-Crazy: It was murderous to the point where even Kabuto couldn't control it, just point it in a direction.
- Breath Weapon: It could use the Tailed Beast Ball.
- Disney Villain Death: It falls into the Ama no Hoko, but survives and emerges even more powerful than before.
- Evil Twin: To Naruto, being a snake-clone empowered by the Nine Tails' chakra.
- Hellish Pupils: Vertically slitted due to the Fox's chakra.
- Humanoid Abomination: Beneath the chakra cloak, the clone resembles Naruto but has a tail and scales.
- Jagged Mouth: Same as Naruto's V2 fox cloak.
- Killed Off for Real: By Naruto in his imperfect Nine-Tails Chakra Mode.
- Lightning Bruiser: In contrast to Naruto's Four-Tailed V2 form, the Nine-Tailed Naruto Clone is very fast.
- Lowered Monster Difficulty: Compared to Naruto's own Version 2 fox cloak, it seems less powerful as Rock Lee and Might Guy are able to put up a fair fight against it.
- Literally Shattered Lives: Disintegrates after Naruto hits it with a Tailed Beast Rasengan.
- One-Winged Angel: After absorbing more of the Nine-Tails' chakra from Naruto it transforms into a replica of the Nine Tails itself, and after falling into the Ama no Hoko it is transformed into a hydra-like monster.
- Omnicidal Maniac: It desires two things: power and destruction.
- Orochi: It's second One-Winged Angel has multiple snake-like heads.
- Power Incontinence: It starts falling apart during its rematch with Naruto.
- Madness Mantra: "CHIKARA!!!"
- Power Echoes: Its voice is distorted and echoic when it speaks.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Is jet black with a glowing red aura, eyes, and mouth.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Differentiating it from Naruto's own V2 form.
- Snake Person: Its true form is a serpentine doppelganger of Naruto.
- Throat Light: Dark red, in contrast to Naruto's Version 2 form having a white throat light.
- Turned Against Their Masters: Kabuto can't control it, only restrain it.
A robotic double of Naruto created by Orochimaru and Kabuto as a means to capture the Nine-Tails for themselves, it ended up falling into the hands of Akatsuki. Note that it's originally a character of the Ultimate Ninja Storm series and his story is very much different from his game counterpart.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: The minute it's activated, it goes on a rampage and destroys Orochimaru's lab before escaping, being captured by the Akatsuki, and reprogrammed to work for them.
- Arm Cannon: It has Gatling guns mounted in its forearms, and its fingers can function as machine guns.
- Do-Anything Robot: Mecha Naruto is stuffed full of a ridiculous amount of weapons, and it's implied that Pain upgraded him with the Asura Path.
- Evil Knockoff/Robot Me: A robotic clone of Naruto.
- Eye Beams: The Naruto Beam.
- Mythology Gag: The general plot of the two-parter was more-or-less ripped right from the Invasion of Pain arc, with bits of the Sasuke Retrieval arc thrown in partway through.
- Powered Armor: It layers itself over Naruto as a parody of Iron Man's armor.
- Primal Stance: Spends a lot of time crawling on all fours even outside of KYUBI Mode.
- Secret Test of Character: Itachi set up a genjutsu that would ally Mecha Naruto with the Leaf village if Naruto still considered Sasuke as a friend.
- Shout-Out: The way Mecha Naruto covers Naruto's body and the HUD that appears are references to the Iron Man series.
- Telescoping Robot: He can extend an absurd array of weapons from his body that logically shouldn't be able to fit inside him, especially considering how he's capable of layering over Naruto.
- Transforming Mecha: He has a vehicle mode and a jet mode.
Shira is a highly experienced Taijutsu user who wasn't a Shinobi because he couldn't use Genjutsu or Nijutsu, until Gaara reformed his father's laws. He goes into the 2nd Chunnin Exam with his team where he wants as possible as Sand Ninja to graduates. He meets and befriend Rock Lee ( Whose similarity is not lost on him. ). He's so skilled that he became Gaara's trainer in Taijutsu.
- All of the Other Reindeer: For once it's not a parallel to Naruto, but to Lee. The laws of The 4th Kazekage prevented anyone not knowing Genjutsu or Ninjutsu to enter Ninja Academy.
- Expy: Of Rock Lee. He's doesn't look like anything like him, but their background are quite similar.
- Extreme Doormat: Takes a lot of crap from fellow sand ninjas during the 2nd Chunnin Exam but doesn't retaliate or even get angry.
- Hot-Blooded: While he does go overboard with his training like Lee, he's quite calm and composed.
- Nice Guy: For all the crap he endured, Shira doesn't blame anyone other than himself for the life he lived.
- Training from Hell: Did that on his own. If Gaara's reaction is any indication, it seems to pay off.