Characters: Kamen Rider Blade
These are the characters of the tokusatsu Kamen Rider Blade
open/close all folders
Kazuma Kenzaki/Kamen Rider Blade | Actor: Takayuki Tsubaki
Kenzaki was a man who was orphaned at 11 by a fire. Years later, the organization BOARD scouted him out, making him a candidate for Rider System-02, Blade. He displayed unusually high fusion coefficiency with the Undead involved in the Rider system, and eventually became the partner of Rider System-01's user, Sakuya Tachibana.
As the Battle Fight continues, Blade acquires the Rouse Absorber developed by Kei Karasuma, using it at first to assume Jack Form with the Category Jack of Spades Fusion Eagle
, and then King Form, with the power of all 13 Category Spades Undead instead of merely the Category King of Spades Evolution Caucasus. This increased King Form's power at the cost of eventually turning Kenzaki himself into a Joker Undead. He uses this in the finale to allow Hajime/the Black Joker to continue living as a human, yet with him as the Navy Joker and to stay away from Hajime.
- All Your Powers Combined: Not only does King Form allow Blade access to all Category Six cards, giving him control of all four elements, it also uses the power of all thirteen Category Spades Undead.
- Cool Bike: Blue Spader, which can be enhanced to be even cooler using the Rouze cards to turn it into a bike with an electric field with Category Six Thunder Deer or go even faster with Category Nine Mach Jaguar.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: King Form slowly turns Kenzaki into a Joker the more he uses it. He uses this to his "advantage" by overusing it in the finale to save Hajime. Since two Jokers exist, the Battle Fight can continue indefinitely.
- Elemental Powers
- Finishing Move
- Ace and Jack Form
- Lightning Blast: Combines the power of the Category Five Kick Locust and Category Six Thunder Deer to execute a lightning-powered flying side kick.
- Lightning Slash: Combines the power of the Category Two Slash Lizard and Category Six Thunder Deer to execute a lightning-powered slash with the Blay Rouzer.
- Lightning Sonic: Combines the power of the Category Five Kick Locust, Category Six Thunder Deer, and Category Nine Mach Jaguar to execute a high speed version of Lightning Blast.
- King Form
- Royal Straight Flush: King Form's most powerful finisher. Combines the Category Ten Time Scarab, Category Jack Fusion Eagle, Category Queen Absorb Capricorn, Category King Evolution Caucasus, and Category Ace Change Beetle to deliver a deadly strike with the King Rouzer.
- Straight Flush: Combines the Category Two Slash Lizard, Category Three Beat Lion, Category Four Tackle Boar, Category Five Kick Locust, and Category Six Thunder Deer to execute a double sword strike with the King Rouzer and Blay Rouzer.
- Four Cards: Combines all Category Six Cards (Thunder Deer, Fire Fly, Tornado Hawk, and Blizzard Polar) with the Category King Evolution Caucasus to deliver a powerful elemental slash.
- The Hero
- Heroes Prefer Blades: The Blay Rouzer and King Rouzer.
- Kiai: Kenzaki shouts A LOT. Nearly every attack is punctuated by his screams, and he's become well-known for them by fans.
- Last Name Basis
- Made of Iron: Category Seven Metal Trilobite
- Meaningful Name: Called "Blade" because he uses Category Spade cards, aka "The Suit Of Swords".
- Messiah Creep
- Mid-Season Upgrade: Jack Form
- Motif: Hercules Beetle and the Suit of Spades.
- Multiform Balance
- Panthera Awesome: Category Three Beat Lion and Category Nine Mach Jaguar.
- Power Gives You Wings: Jack Form
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The red to Tachibana's blue, despite their suit's colors.
- Selective Magnetism: Category Eight Magnet Buffalo
- Super Speed: Category Nine Mach Jaguar
- They Call Him Blade
- Weapon of Choice: Heroes Prefer Swords
- Ace and Jack Form
- King Form
Hajime Aikawa/Kamen Rider Chalice | Actor: Ryoji Morimoto
A mysterious photographer living with the Kurihara family, with the ability to become a Kamen Rider. In reality, the alter ego of the Black Joker Undead, whose victory in the Battle Fight would cause The End of the World as We Know It. He uses the Category Ace of Hearts Change Mantis to assume the form of Kamen Rider Chalice, and the Category Two of Hearts Spirit Human to assume a human form. The combination of the Mantis Undead's fighting spirit and the Human Undead's compassion helped to control his natural impulses as the Joker. After witnessing a man's death at the hands of one of the Royal Club Undead, he vows to protect the man's family adopting the persona of Hajime Aikawa. After the Caucasus Undead steals most of his cards, including the Category Ace of Hearts Change Mantis, he begins to regress into his Joker form, with Leangle unsealing his cards in an attempt to control him. The Joker continues to rampage, however, until he acquires the Evolution Paradoxa card, allowing him to access Wild Form. By series end, with all other Undead sealed, he regresses to his true nature as the Black Joker, dooming life on Earth. Eventually Kenzaki takes it upon himself to defeat Hajime, not by sealing him (though this provides the plot of the Missing Ace film), but by becoming a Joker himself, allowing Hajime to resume living as a human with the Kuriharas.
- Alien Blood: Green in his case.
- All Your Powers Combined: The Wild Card combines the powers of all the cards in the Suit of Hearts.
- Anti Anti Christ: His victory in the Battle Royale will lead to the destruction of all life on Earth, whether he wants to or not.
- Bigger Bad: While the other Undead and Hiroshi Tennoji set up the events of the plot, it is the Joker's existence that threatens life on Earth.
- Cool Bike: The Shadow Chaser, used as a prototype for the BOARD-made bikes.
- Deflector Shields: Category Eight Reflect Moth
- The Dreaded: Undead flee from him in Joker form.
- Elemental Powers
- Everything's Even Worse With Sharks: Category Three Chop (Hammer)Head
- Flight: Category Four Float Dragonfly
- Finishing Move
- Ace Form
- Spinning Wave: Combines the Category Three Chop (Hammer)Head and Category Six Tornado Hawk to execute a wind-based karate chop.
- Spinning Attack: Combines the Category Five Drill Shell and Category Six Tornado Hawk to execute a wind-based corkscrew kick.
- Spinning Dance: Combines the Category Four Float Dragonfly, Category Five Drill Shell, and Category Six Tornado Hawk to execute a variation on the Spinning Attack.
- Wild Form
- Wild Cyclone: An energy wave fired from the Wild Slasher.
- Healing Factor: Category Nine Recovery Camel
- Meaningful Name: Called Chalice because he's of the Suit of Cups, and also because the Mantis Undead he's using to assume Rider Form was also called Chalice.
- Motif: Mantis, Suit of Hearts, and the Joker.
- Multiform Balance
- Sealed Evil in a Can: As the Black Joker.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: The Chalice Buckle can be used to facilitate this; Hajime normally uses it to transform into his Rider form or his human form, but it can be used to transform into other Category Heart Undead.
- Weapon of Choice
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: He seems to be unable to stop himself from destroying all life, but ultimately he's forced to do so. Until Kenzaki intervenes...
- Wild Card: Literally. Aside from nobody actually knowing his motives at the beginning of the series and switching on and off between being a normal hero and an Anti-Hero, he's the Joker Undead (which is the card usually called the wild card) and his final form is even called Wild Form.
Sakuya Tachibana/Kamen Rider Garren | Actor: Kousei Amano
Sakuya Tachibana was the second person chosen by BOARD to use the Rider System-01, Garren, after the first user Go Kiryu was determined to be too incompatible. Tachibana fears that continuous use of the system would erode his DNA, which is why he attacked Kei Karasuma, seemingly releasing Undead and betraying BOARD. Later, he manages to be manipulated by Isaka/Peacock Undead for the latter's sinister plans, until it is revealed that Isaka killed his girlfriend Sayoko Fukasawa. With this he defeats the Undead and in repentance takes Mutsuki/Leangle under his wing. In the Final Battle, he fights the Category King of Diamonds Giraffa, until it ends with Garren nowhere to be seen and the Giraffa Undead sealed. But returns in the finale
Mutsuki Kamijo/Kamen Rider Leangle | Actor: Takahiro Houjou
Mutsuki is a trouble highschool boy chosen by the evil Spider Undead to become Leangle. Unlike the other two BOARD-based Rider Systems, Leangle has no access to Jack Form, yet can unseal Undead to aid in battle. While his Ace Undead is evil, his Royal Club Undead seem to be kind: Category Jack/Elephant Undead does not wish to fight much, Category Queen/Tiger Undead has a strong sense of justice, and the pacifist Category King/Tarantula Undead aids the Riders in his human persona Noboru Shima. With the sacrifices of the Tiger and Tarantula Undeads, Mutsuki is able to overcome the Spider Undead's evil influence. With Garren nowhere to be found after the Giraffa Undead's unsealing, he assists Blade in dealing with the Darkroaches as Blade himself goes and faces Hajime as the Joker.
- Blade on a Stick: Leangle Rouzer
- Can't Catch Up: While his Ace Form is the most powerful of all Riders, he lacks a Super Mode.
- Cool Bike: Green Clover
- Elemental Powers
- Everything's Worse with Bees: Category Two Stab Bee
- Finishing Move
- Blizzard Crush: Combines the power of Category Five Bite Cobra and Category Six Blizzard Polar to execute an ice-based scissors kick.
- Blizzard Gale: Combines the power of Category Three Screw Mole and Category Six Blizzard Polar to execute an ice-based punch.
- Blizzard Venom: Combines the power of Category Four Rush Rhinoceros, Category Six Blizzard Polar, and Category Eight Poison Scorpion to deliver an icy poisoned strike with the Leangle Rouser.
- I Just Want to Be Normal: In Missing Ace movie. He tries to move on with his life, and was quite upset when Kenzaki and Kotaro tell him that Undeads might be return.
- Motif: Spider and the Suit of Clubs.
- Lightning Bruiser: His Ace Form has the best stats of the four. Comparatively, his SIC-figure-only Jack and King forms are...
- Mighty Glacier: Not seen in-show, but the stats and appearance of his SIC-only Jack◊ and King◊ forms indicate that it trades speed and agility (Leangle Jack's jump height is listed less than one-fifth of Blade Jack's!) for sheer overwhelming power.
- Meaningful Name: Called Leangle because he's of the Suit of Wands, the clubs.
- Panthera Awesome: Category Queen Absorb Tiger
- Smoke Out: Category Nine Smog Squid
- Smug Snake: While influenced by the Spider Undead.
- Summon Magic: Category Ten Remote Tapir; allows Leangle to unseal an Undead to aid him.
- They Call Him Leangle
- This Is a Drill: The card combo Category Three Screw Mole and Category Four Rush Rhinoceros makes the Leangle Rouzer one.
Shiori Hirose | Actor: Yumi Egawa
One of the few remaining BOARD members after the attack on the organization, she sets up a command post at Kotaro's residence in order to help Kenzaki track down the Undead.
Kotaro Shirai | Actor: Terunosuke Takezai
An aspiring writer with whom Kenzaki moves in after the latter failed to pay his rent. He likes drinking milk.
Haruka Kurihara | Actor: Kaori Yamaguchi
Kotaro's sister and Amane's mother.
Amane Kurihara | Actor: Hikari Kajiwara
A young girl who befriends Hajime, and makes the mysterious man discover how humanity is to be.
- Delinquent: Became one in the Missing Ace film, since Hajime was sealed by Kenzaki prior to the film.
- Morality Pet: To Hajime.
- Missing Ace shows the opposite to be true, as well, as explained above.
Of Archaeological Research Department developed technology to combat the Undead, making the first two Rider Systems and their support gear. Is destroyed in the first episode after Tachibana's apparent betrayal.
Kei Karasuma | Actor: Kazuhiro Yamaji
A professor who created the Rider Systems 01 (Garren) and 02 (Blade), as well as 03 (Leangle) under the directions of Isaka the Peacock Undead.
He entrusted the Rouse Absorbers to Noboru Shima, despite knowing of the latter's nature as an Undead. He also knows of the secret that Blade's King Form has...
Yoshito Hirose | Actor: Junichi Haruta
Shiori's father, who unsealed the Undead, seemingly being killed in the process. Turns up later seemingly alive, only for him to be revealed as the Trial B Undead, originally programmed by the real Yoshito Hirose to protect his daughter. However, Tennoji reprogrammed him to monitor the Battle Fight, but after sacrificing himself to protect Shiori from Trial G, he remembers his true purpose.
Hiroshi Tennoji | Actor: Koji MoritsuguChairman of the BOARD
organization. Set up the Battle Fight in his favor, and created the hybrid Undead Category Ace Kerberos, wishing to use it to rule the world. While he manages to create (and eventually fuse) with Kerberos, he is killed by the Giraffa Undead after his defeat at the hands of the Riders.
- A God Am I: His ultimate goal is to win the Battle Fight and gain the power to reshape the world in his own image.
- Big Bad: While not the final villain, everything bad in the series is pretty much his fault.
- Evil Is Not a Toy
- The Man Behind The Monsters: Controls some of the Undead directly and a few of the Trials, but arranged the release of all of them in the first place.
- One-Winged Angel: Merges with the Kerberos Undead in order to be the victor of the Battle Fight.
- Villainous Breakdown: He has a complete mental breakdown upon his defeat, ranting about his "new world" and how the two remaining Undead must be sealed so it can happen.
Undead are the kaijin of the show. There are 52 or rather, 53
Undead each competing in the Battle Fight, with the victor's species gaining dominance over the world. The winner of the previous Battle Fight ten thousand years ago was the Human Undead, resulting in the dominance of humanity.
Most of the "numbered" Undead are only capable of speaking their own language; however, those belonging to the so-called Royal Club can take on human disguise and speak human languages like Japanese. Their motivations are diverse and complex, from one fond of humanity (Tarantula Undead/Noboru Shima) to one with very sinister designs (Spider Undead).
- Lethal Joke Character: Somehow, the extremely lowly Human Undead was the one that won the previous Battle Fight.
- What makes this even more amazing is Hajime said the Human Undead sealed him the last time. Somehow the Human Undead sealed the Joker!
- Mythology Gag: Not only is there the Spider Undead, serving as a minor antagonist throughout the series, but the first Undead we see Garren and Blade fight is the Bat Undead. Both are references to the first Kamen Rider monsters.
- Non-Lethal K.O.: Undead are sealed instead of being killed (though Kamen Rider Decade averted it).
- The Obi-Wan: Noboru Shima, AKA Tarantula, the King of Clubs
- The Smurfette Principle: Three out of four Undead are female, all of the Category Queen. Except for the Capricorn/Queen of Spades Undead, who is male.
- The Starscream: Giraffa Undead. He kills Tennoji off after deciding to be the last Undead remaining in the Battle Fight, manipulating the Riders to defeat him.