open/close all folders
Portrayed By: Gugu Mbatha Raw & Denise Burse
- Bi the Way: She was previously married with a husband and then gets together with Yorkie.
- Cool Old Lady: In the "real world".
- Happily Married: She had been married to her husband for 49 years and loved him to the end. She's this again with Yorkie.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Her daughter died before the San Junipero technology was created.
- Quirky Curls: She's fun-loving and outgoing, and, except in her 2000s persona (where her hair is straightened, and where, coincidentally, she has one of her big arguments with Yorkie), she has thick bouncy curls.
- Really Gets Around: She's determined to spend her last years of life enjoying as many flings as possible after 49 years married to the same person, especially because at first she's not planning to be uploaded, but just to die, like her husband and daughter. This changes when she meets Yorkie.
Portrayed By: Mackenzie Davis & Annabel Davis
- Adorkable: Kelly even lampshades it.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Dresses rather plainly but otherwise quite feminine
- Driven to Suicide: Zig-zagged, she's been trapped in a coma for her entire adult life, and seeks euthanasia in order to "move" to San Junipero, where, ironically, she can have a fuller life.
- Gayngst: Her religious parents wouldn't accept her sexuality. This has trickled down into her being very insecure about it.
- Marriage of Convenience: She was initially planning to enter into one of these with her primary nurse, as state law requires next of kin sign off on euthanasia and her parents, who are very conservative and religious, won't. When Kelly discovers the situation, she asks Yorkie to marry her instead.
- Second Love: For Kelly.
- Shrinking Violet: Initially; this is because, as mentioned above, San Junipero is the only proper adult interaction she's ever had. She comes out of her shell some once she gets the change.