Awesome: Warrior Cats: The Original Series
Notice that about 90% of these are from The Darkest Hour.
- In Forest Of Secrets when Tigerclaw is raging about Graystripe's kits Cinderpaw tells him to shut up and lick one so it will survive. He does.
- Bluestar's Heroic Sacrifice.
- Stonefur has the audacity to defy Tigerstar himself when surrounded by nearly two full Clans of Tigerstar's supporters. Ordered to prove his loyalty by murdering his own apprentice, he instead challenges Tigerstar to kill him. Darkstripe attacks on Tigerstar's orders, but Stonefur, who, it should be pointed out, is starving and greatly weakened, defeats the well-fed and rested warrior in combat, and is only killed when the strongest warrior on Tigerstar's side steps in to help.
- The Darkest Hour contained a lot of these, from Bramblepaw publicly announcing that he would rather die than join his tyrannical father, to Firestar fulfilling his prophecy and defeating Scourge, the cat that killed Tigerstar nine times with one blow... after already having died at Scourge's claws.
Scourge: "How!? I killed you!"Firestar: "You did. But I am a leader with nine lives who fights alongside StarClan. Can you say as much?"
- And don't forget Firestar's nine lives ceremony.
- Bramblepaw's response to Tigerstar asking him to join TigerClan was pretty awesome, too.
- "Join you?" Bramblepaw growled. He paused, swallowing as he fought to control his anger. When he spoke again his voice rang out clearly so that every cat in the clearing could hear him."Join you?" he repeated. "After everything you've done? I'd rather die!"
- Followed by some epic burnage.
Tigerstar: "Are you sure? I won't make the offer twice. Join me now or you will die."Bramblepaw: "Then at least I'll go to StarClan as a loyal ThunderClan cat."
- Firestar's thoughts on the situation are just the icing on the Awesome Cake:
Firestar: There could be no greater challenge to Tigerstar's power than for his own son to reject him in favor of the Clan he despised.
- When Bone, the BloodClan "deputy," is killed by a pack of apprentices.
- "Let go of my brother!"
- The Darkest Hour is pretty much a Crowning Moment of Awesome for the series in and of itself.
- Scourge gets a CMOA when he rips out ALL NINE OF TIGERSTAR'S LIVES AT ONCE, and followed with this in the Rise of Scourge manga: "My littermates said I was too small... too weak. But I've proven them wrong. I've learned how to be strong...how to live for blood. Because that's the key. The only answer. I am leader of BloodClan. I am Scourge. AND I HAVE WON!"
- Tallstar refusing Tigerstar's offer in the Darkest Hour.
- Graystripe's deputy ceremony on the field of battle.
- Morningflower kicking BloodClan's ass.
- Morningflower: " Gorsepaw! Gorsepaw! Gorsepaw!"