Awesome: Ultimate Warrior
- Admit it. Despite the wildly controversial segments to his career and whether or not you think he was as good as he certainly thought he was, there can be no denying that his victory over Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania VI was amazing.
- On a lesser note, his super-speed squashing of the Honky Tonk Man for the Intercontinental Championship was pretty good. HTM shouts on the mic "Get me somebody out here to wrestle, I don't care who it is!" And Warrior then squashed him so fast that Howard Finkel didn't even have time to finish his introduction! note
- Summerslam 1989 was a big night for the Warrior. It's been said by numerous critics that working with Rick Rude got Warrior to slow down and put on better in-ring work, and this particular match is probably one of the best in-ring showings of his career. Of course, this was the night he regained the Intercontinental title (to a huge pop) but even more than that, this culmination of his feud with Rude can be credited as a major factor in his subsequent rise to the top.
- Wrestlemania VII. The Career Match with Randy Savage. After a gruelling twenty-plus minute encounter, Warrior doesn't just win this match, he conquers Savage, in what is quite possibly the best story Warrior ever told in the ring.
- Seconded; forget Hogan/Warrior at WrestleMania VI, THIS was Warrior's best match. For starters, he WALKED to the ring instead of doing his full speed ahead run, perhaps to conserve his energy for the bout; even Bobby Heenan commented that is was a sign of how seriously Warrior was taking the match. The pop when the wordage on Warrior's tights was revealed ("It means more than this," meaning the world title) is notable as well.
- His final speech at the 4/7/14 episode of RAW after Wrestlemania XXX, thanking the fans for their part in making him a legend:
“No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life what makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized. By the story tellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him and make the running the man did live forever. You, you, you, you, you, you are the legend makers of Ultimate Warrior. In the back I see many potential legends. Some of them with warrior spirits. And you will do the same for them. You will decide if they lived with the passion and intensity. So much so that you will tell your stories and you will make them legends, as well. I am The Ultimate Warrior. You are the Ultimate Warrior fans and the spirit of Ultimate Warrior will run forever.”
- He died less than 24 hours later. Godspeed, Ultimate Warrior.
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.