Awesome: The Outlaw Josey Wales
- Reportedly Clint's favorite own film, it features this gem, a CMOA in an otherwise seriously depressing movie:
Josey (bemoaning his fate as a loner): When I get to likin' someone, they ain't around long.Lone Watie: I notice when you get to dislikin' someone they ain't around for long neither.
- The film itself is considered one of the best Westerns ever made.
- "Don't piss down my back then tell me it's raining."
- "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy"
- Josie's words of life and death with Ten Bears, leader of the neighboring Comanche tribe.
Josey: I ain't promising you nothing extra. I'm just giving you life and you're giving me life. And I'm saying that men can live together without butchering one another.
Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life.
- Josey Wales escaping from a posse of union soldiers on a ferry:
Jamie: They comin'.
(Josey pulls a Sharp's rifle with a early telescopic sight on it from his horse)
Carpetbagger: Do you really think you can shoot all those men down before they shoot you? No, no, Mr. Josey Wales; there is such a thing in this country called justice!
Josey: Well, Mr. Carpetbagger. We got somethin' in this territory called the Missouri boat ride.
(shoots the rope hauling the ferry across the river)
- "You gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?"
- "Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." - This pre-battle quote is pure awesome.