open/close all folders
Across the entire series
- Anything Drizzt does. Anything. Double, if it includes Guenhwyvar.
- Anytime Drizzt fights another drow who attempts to use the double-thrust low attack on him. Ordinarily, the only accepted counter is to cross both blades and force their weapons down. Drizzt has his own counter- his boot in his opponents face.
- This may be an April Fool's joke, but it's fitting. "In the end, we decided that should you recruit this drow to your side, he'd simply kick your opponent's ass as many times as you'd like. Summon his panther companion as well, and you have a combo that not only guarantees a win, but also your next win as well. He's just that good."
The Icewind Dale Trilogy
- The first time Drizzt and Wulfgar meet, Drizzt throws off his cowl and reveals his race to the stunned barbarian. Wulfgar then proceeds to insult Drizzt, calling him a "sorcerous dog", and asks Bruenor if he seriously expects a "weakling elf" to teach him how to fight. Drizzt, calm as a cucumber, simply looks to Bruenor for permission to start their first fighting lesson and then proceeds to spectacularly kick Wulfgar's ass, further silencing any protests from Wulfgar about his ability to teach him.
- Bruenor's Heroic Sacrifice, and Regis blowing out the candle in "The Crystal Shard".
- Drizzt not only summons Errtu to him, he then fights him and wins thanks to Icingdeath.
- this is notable also for the fact that Drizzt had no intention of winning the fight at first. He just knew that he had to distract the demon from the main fight- until he discovered his scimitar was a magic item, he fully expected to die trying to fight Errtu.
- Wulfgar's finishing move in the fight against Heafstaag - crushing his skull between his bare hands.
- Drizzt and Wulfgar's defeat of Dracos Icingdeath. Two warriors doing the age-old hero thing of slaying a dragon in its lair for treasure.
- Drizzt successfully managing to solo a Balor. Which, for non-D&D players, is a Captain Ersatz of Tolkien's Balrog.
The Homeland Trilogy
- Towards the ending, when Drizzt defeats Masoj and Alton on pure anger alone.
- "And a true god damn you all!"
- In the final fight between Zaknafein and Drizzt, Drizzt demonstrates that the cross-down parry was wrong by finding the solution, kicking Zak in the nose.
- Drizzt bluffing his way past a red dragon that could kill him at anytime and succeeding.
- In early training against his father, Drizzt is faced with an unbeatable combo. What does he do? Learn how to beat it.
- He then uses it, beating his father in a later duel.
- His father is later killed by the other, evil, drow, and later brought back as a zombie, but with memories still intact. He uses a counter-counter against Drizzt's counter to the unbeatable combo. The amount of memories required to allow him to fight Drizzt... allow him to fight the enchantment.
- He then uses it, beating his father in a later duel.
- Drizzt wins the Melee of Drow Society all but one year in his education. He would have won his first year but was insufficiently exposed to Drow treachery.
- Drizzt single-handedly defeating a Behir, which is a kind of a stupider poisonous underground version of a dragon.
- Drizzt, eventually, fights an undead version of his father and manages to hold his own despite the latter being the greatest swordsman in Drow history.
Legacy of the Drow series
- Wulfgar's Heroic Sacrifice during the attempt to save Drizzt, a yocohol (Handmaiden of Lloth) has appeared and injured him badly, so to make sure Catti-Bree lives since she's there, Wulfgar begins to sing a song to Tempus and brings the ceiling down on himself and the yocohol, inspiring a Roaring Rampage of Revenge from Bruenor and Catti-Bree on the Drow.
- Matron Baerne's sheer and utter annihilation of the Third House thanks to an avatar of Lloth appearing and giving her the power to utterly wipe out the Third House thanks to the deal made with Errtu.
- Mithril Hall versus Menzoberrazan is supposed to be a Curb-Stomp Battle for the latter. The greatest of all Drow cities versus a dwarven flyspeck which was only recently recovered from a combination of dragon and Druegar. Only, fighting WITH them, is an alliance of all the people who Drizzt has befriended over the years. The Drow, who cannot understand allying with anyone, are stalemated only to be beaten by the rising Sun.
- Lloth visiting Baerne to begin with. She pretty much lets herself in, is guided to Baerne and pretty much slaps her verbally and calls her an idiot and then tells her "My powers are returning and together you and I will destroy the Third House with the power I give you.".
- Drizzt, Catti-Bree, Bruenor and Wulfgar versus Errtu, one of the most power demons to exist. Errtu didn't stand a chance.
Paths of Darkness
- Wulfgar spends the entire set of books in a Heroic B.S.O.D. because of the horrors he endured and although he does alot of stupid stuff and Took a Level in Jerkass because of his trauma, but thanks to Deudermont's saving him, Meralda (A peasant girl turned noblewoman who had her first lover's child and accused Wulfgar of raping her to save face but then freed him secretly to apologize) and time, Wulfgar pulls himself out of his Heroic B.S.O.D. on his own through sheer force of will, saves Meralda's bastard child from being killed and outright says to her husband that if he comes after Wulfgar, Wulfgar will have the entire Barbarian Tribe of Icewind Dale attack and destroy Auckney. It's a huge bluff, but it works.
- Drizzt and Entreri have one final fight at Jarlaxle's behest in a room with Anti-Magic since anytime they fought beforehand, it was with magic items to determine who has the better level of skill when there's no magic involved. Drizzt still wins the fight anyway, although a psionic interferes and fakes Drizzt's death in the end.
- Jarlaxle's plans to expand to the surface. Thanks to him, Entreri becomes all powerful in his hometown as Guildmaster of the Basadoni Guild so Bregan D'earthe have a power base to work with in the shadows (Since Drow on the surface besides Drizzt would cause alot of problems if in the spotlight) and then they expand into Luskan as well through Morik the Rogue.