The Arthur Miller play
- "I say- I say- God is dead! ...A fire, a fire is burning! I hear the boot of Lucifer, I see his filthy face! And it is my face, and yours, Danforth! For them that quail to bring men out of ignorance, as I have quailed, and as you quail now when you know in all your black hearts that this be fraud- God damns our kind especially, and we will burn, we will burn together." (Proctor)
- "I denounce these proceedings, I quit this court!" (Reverend Hale)
- "Let you fear nothing! Another judgement waits us all!" (Rebecca Nurse)
- "More weight!" (Giles Corey)
- Proctor's final speech.
- In the film, at least, Martha Corey stands up in court, says that they're all fools for believing the girls when they clearly have very shaky claims, and walks out, laughing her head off at how ridiculous the whole thing is. Her husband and the Nurses soon follow her.
The Korean film
- In-ho smashing a vase over Park's head in the middle of a school corridor to protect Min-soo.
- Although the movie had more than one Karma Houdini, something about one of them getting run over by a train, even when the child lured him there and took his own life as well just made me smile that one of them truly paid for their crime.