Awesome: Chalet School
- Jem Russell rescuing Joey Bettany, Grizel Cochrane and Madge Bettany from a train crash in The School at the Chalet. One book later, he and Madge are engaged.
- In The Chalet School in Exile, the Nazis occupy the Tyrol, and the German and Austrian girls are forced to leave. The girls respond to this by forming the Chalet School Peace League and vowing to promote peace in their own countries.
- In the same book, the goings-on in Spärtz. Miss Wilson, Joey and a group of younger girls see some Nazi thugs attacking Herr Goldmann, an old Jewish man who Joey knows. Robin immediately rushes to help him, and Joey follows, yelling at the men to leave Herr Goldmann alone. Miss Wilson realises that the girls are going to be in serious trouble and manages to get them away from the crowds and into a church, where the priest shows them a secret passageway behind the altar. Miss Wilson then has a Badass Teacher moment where she leads the girls to safety through the passage.
- Cornelia Flower, Violet Allison and Maria Marani taking several levels in badass when they rescue a man from a burning plane, injuring themselves in the process.
- Frieda Mensch, Bruno von Ahlen, Friedel von Gluck and Rufus all being reunited with Joey.
- In The Highland Twins at the Chalet School, Fiona McDonald using her psychic powers to find out that Jack Maynard is alive.
- In Lavender Laughs at the Chalet School, Lavender's ditzy Aunt Sylvia simpers about how Lavender must be sheltered from any news about the war, since she's a 'sensitive plant' and it might upset her. Miss Wilson is, understandably, really angry - especially what you consider what she went through in Exile - and lays a verbal smackdown on Aunt Sylvia about the harsh realities of the war, and how children Lavender's age and younger are having to live with it, and it is glorious.
- Gay Lambert running away from school in Gay from China, after Miss Bubb punishes her by forbidding her from seeing her brother for one last time before he's sent out to China. Even if she does bring German measles into the school after coming back.
- Carola Johnstone gets two in Carola Storms the Chalet School. Firstly, she rescues a young Swedish girl from drowning at Bosherston Lily Ponds. Secondly, later on after the school fete, Grizel Cochrane is smoking and carelessly discards her cigarette, accidentally setting Len Maynard's paper outfit on fire. Carola beats out the flames with her bare hands.