- Armstrong's speech at the beginning of Harvest Red, thanks to his voice.
- Taking out a helicopter without using AA weapons.
- Both final levels of the PMC campaign.
- Play it long enough and you'll eventually find yourself doing things not entirely out of place in Black Hawk Down kind of movie. Whether it be single player, multiplayer, Co-Op, adversarial. You'll soon find yourself calling or doing a Gunship Rescue with a Big Damn Heroes moment. Providing covering fire as a Cold Sniper from a thousand meters away, outrunning explosions and more. Truly, there are very few warfare related tropes that you cannot invoke, or play straight in this game (with the awesomeness that ensues).
- Especially awesome, as ARMA is a game that takes great pleasure in punishing you heavily if you mess up. That wasn't some scripted event you were handheld through, YOU were the driving force that crawled out of a crashed helicopter with 2 broken legs and single-handedly took down that AA position yelling "OUT OF SPITE MOTHERFUCKER".
The Eastwind Campaign
- Several of the campaigns in the third game leave how to approach the objective and on what terms to the player's discretion . Often letting you choose the time of day of the operation, equipment, and sometimes number of men and what objectives to prioritize. This creates potential for a lot of awesome moments. Some examples:
Debriefing: the FIA received the much needed supplies, also you took down the enemy's highest ranking officer all by yourself. All in all, you did well today.
- Bingo Fuel. It's a long and grueling stealth mission in which you must steal a desperately needed fuel truck. After it is stolen, Miller (who at this point is operating with his own team, only tangentially helping the guerrilla force) will call you and ask for the cistern truck in order to blow up a passing convoy transporting the highest ranking CSAT officer in the country. You can A) give it to him, (and screw your allies out of much needed supplies). B) ignore him, which will have consequences in future operations. or C) keep the fuel, scrounge some AT equipment or explosives from dead enemies (or an armored vehicle, even a tank, if you can pull it off) and destroy an armored column (2 APCs, 1 AA plus 2 armed MRAPs) with nothing but your 4 man squad, your wits and your cojones.
Falcon: Omega, did you just brought down a fucking lighthouse?Omega: yup!.
- Attention Deficit: you are tasked with causing havoc as a diversion in order to distract forces from a rescue operation taking place elsewhere. The idea is that you get into firefights, engage a few patrols, maybe blow up a vehicle or two. Or: