My Last Day is a short anime video by Studio 4°C. It shows the passion and death of Jesus, from the point of view of the thief that would be redeemed.It is similar to The Passion of the Christ in terms of graphic imagery. It was produced for the Jesus Film Project, the group behind the 1979 Jesus movie.
- Animated Adaptation: Of the passion and death of Jesus , which is in The Bible.
- Ascended Extra: The "good" thief. He is the protagonist.
- Ascended to a Higher Plane of Existence: The good thief, because he recognized that his death was Laser-Guided Karma, but Jesus was innocent.
- Back from the Dead: It's never shown directly, but it can be inferred that Jesus revived.
- Bible Times: Yes.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Jesus suffered this, of course.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Jesus and the thieves died horribly.
- Death Equals Redemption: The "good" thief. It's even shown that he goes to Heaven with Jesus.
- Downer Ending: Subverted. The "good" thief went to Paradise and it could be safely admitted that Jesus revived.
- Fan Disservice: While Jesus and the thieves have a nice physique, they are in a situation which... is utterly disturbing. Especially in the case of Jesus, because he was flogged.
- Gorn: Those. Cruel. Methods.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The "good" thief feels remorse when he sees Jesus' sufferings.
- Passion Play: Duh.
- A Taste of the Lash: Jesus was brutally flogged, and the "good" thief watches it frightened.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Jesus received help during the road.
- Torture Porn: In spades.