As the first fully 3D main games in the Pokémon
series, Pokémon X and Y
are well on their way to becoming huge hype machines.
- The games will simultaneously be released worldwide, and the starters' English (and French, and German) names were revealed at the same time as the Japanese names.
- The starters themselves are well-liked by the fanbase, especially Fennekin.
- The games are in full 3D.
- Similar to Generation V's Reshiram and Zekrom, the cover legendaries (Xerneas and Yveltal) are considered to be very cool and well-designed.
- Both old and new Pokémon will appear in the game, including Pikachu once again!
- While details are still incoming, this video confirms a Pokemon that, at the least, bears a strong resemblance to Mewtwo.
- Resemblance, nothing — it's a new form for Mewtwo. The fandom lost it.
- A post for 11th May on Serebii revealed some new news has finally come out, with new Pokémon revealed, region name confirmed (Kalos) and things such as customisation (limited, admittedly, but it's a first). Even better? It's scanned from Corocoro, which makes it genuine information.
- The updated site also confirmed we would be able to change clothing. The fandom exploded.
- It seems that games allow you to walk diagonally. Finally.
- You can use Gogoat, a new Pokemon, as a mount. AS A MOUNT BABY.
- SITTING. YOU CAN SIT IN POKEMON GAMES NOW. ON BENCHES. What's next, lying down on beds?