Alt title(s): Not Your Father's X Index(es): Stock Phrases An oft-used stock phrase when it comes to merchandising or advertising, done to ensure the intended consumer that their product has evolved beyond its original form. How true such a bold statement actually is tends to be subject to personal opinion. This can also use other family members in place of "father". "Mother", "Grampa", or "Grandma" are the most common. Also appears as "isn't your father's". Note: I suggested this YKTTW once before and it had been floating around in limbo for a while, but the revamp erased this one from the server, so I had to recreate it from scratch. Advertising
- Late 1980's: "This is not your father's Oldsmobile... This is the new generation of Olds."
- A TV spot for the new Star Trek movie advertised it with "Not your father's Star Trek.".
- Ads for Nine touted it as "not your little brother's cartoon movie".
- An early issue of Wizard magazine described DC's Adam Strange as "Not your father's superhero. He's your grandfather's" -- due to the fact that the only time when he was especially popular was in the early Silver Age.
- Used on this very wiki with the description for Red Alert 3: "This is not your daddy's RTS. It is your jokester uncle's, and it's all the more awesome for it."
- From RiffTrax: "These aren't your daddy's drug dealers. They're your grandfather's!"
- From the Powerthirst commercial: "These aren't your dad's puns. These are energy puns! TURBO PUNS!"
- A Machinima video called "Counter-Strike for Kids", advertising a Lighter And Softer version of Counter Strike, ends with an ad for "Counter-Strike: Extreme Gore Edition", described as "not your dad's kind of game".
- The Pulse
"Shepard Smith: "This isn't your father's news magazine."
- Clothing brand Not Your Daughter's Jeans.
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable