Something Joe YKTTW Discussion
A stock name for a character (usually secondary) is a word describing them mixed with Joe.Tropeworthy? Up For Grabs Tropeworthy? Motion To Discard
A stock name for a character (usually secondary) is a word describing them mixed by Joe, probably because of how common the name "Joe" is.
- Pineapple Joe's.
- Cowboy Joe" is a live animal mascot sometimes used at University of Wyoming football games.
- Injun Joe from Tom Sawyer.
- From Milkweed when Misha tells the ticket seller his name is Misha, the ticket teller asks What kind of a name is that? and promtly renames him One-eared Joe (Due to a earlier event that took his ear completely off)
- Joe Grey
- Friends: One of the possible fathers of the child (the mother wasn't sure who the father was) that Chandler and Monica were planning to adopt was someone in prison for killing his father with a shovel. Chandler and Monica started referring to him as "Shovelly Joe".
- "Ragtime Cowboy Joe" was a ragtime tune from the 1910's.
- "Cowboy Joe from Mexico" is a children's skipping song.
- Cotton-Eyed Joe
- Snoopy's persona Joe Cool on Peanuts.
- Stock name for political nicknames: Joe Sixpack, Joe Millionare, Joe Shmoe...
- Viewtiful Joe.
- in Crash Bandicoot: Cortex Strikes Back, there's the Komodo Brothers. one of them is called Komodo Joe. the other is Komodo Moe.
- Pony/Doughnut Joe from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Phineas and Ferb Candace has a friend named Chicago Joe whose name gets called out every once in a while.
- Parodied in Quantum Boogaloo, where in the Bad Future, Doofenshmirtz renames everyone in the Tri-State Area to Joe, because it is easier to remember.
- The Simpsons: Diamond Joe Quimby, mayor of Springfield.
- In a Treehouse of Horror episode from 1996, while trying to remember then-Presidential candidate Bob Dole's name Homer briefly calls him "Mumbley Joe."