Guns Akimbo is cool. Rifles and shotguns are cool. What could be better than combining them, in the form of handguns that can connect together to form a rifle or shotgun? You can combine your favorite gun tropes together without having to deal with the logistics of a character carrying both types of weapons separately. This also lets a character cover multiple tactical options with much fewer weapons, like handguns for a traditional shootout that can combine into a sniper rifle for long-range engagements. Sure, Fridge Logic would have you know that Guns Do Not Work That Way: just think of all the firing mechanisms of the forward gun that would somehow have to get out of the way for a bullet fired from the back gun to travel down the barrels of both at once, to say nothing of be able to pull that off without the pressures of the firing exploding out from where the two barrels connect. But, it definitely qualifies for Rule of Cool so these problems may not be a concern. Compare Bifurcated Weapon and Gun Accessories. Can be justified if the guns in question are Energy Weapons.
- Gundam SEED: The Buster Gundam is equipped with a beam rifle and a railgun, either of which can be powered up by plugging the other gun into its back - the beam rifle becoming a beam Sniper Rifle and the railgun becoming an anti-armor shotgun. In the sequel Gundam Seed Destiny, the Strike Freedom is equipped with a pair of beam rifles which can combine into a longer rifle in similar fashion.
- In Gundam 00, the Seravee has two GN Bazookas that can be attached to its Shoulder Cannons for greater range and power, and/or combined together to create a Wave Motion Gun (which can further transform into a Wave-Motion Tuning Fork mode).
- Sazh in Final Fantasy XIII can combine his handguns into a rifle in several of his attacks.
- The Arkham Knight in Batman: Arkham Knight has two handguns that connect into a sniper rifle, which he uses to shoot Batman from longer ranges.
- Xigbar in Kingdom Hearts wields Arrowguns that can connect into a rifle. He avoids the Fridge Logic of how this sort of weapon would work thanks to his Arrowguns using magic projectiles launched from the tips; combining them into a rifle just lets him do a Charged Attack.
- Super Robot Wars Judgment has the Belzelute's Orgone Rifle: Mode A, where it combines its pistols with its rifle to form a bow-like Wave-Motion Tuning Fork.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.