Toggle Random Buttons
Browse the Tropes
Ask the Tropers
Recent Page Type Changes
Ask The Tropers
You Know That Show...
Trope Launch Pad
Crime & Punishment
Music And Sound Effects
Characters As Device
Laws And Formulas
Truth And Lies
Truth In Television
Fate And Prophecy
You need to
to do this.
if you don't have an account
History VideoGame / BadOmen
Back To: VideoGame / BadOmen
24th May '12 9:12:57 AM
Is there an issue?
Send a Message
[[caption-width-right:325:The evil demon never expected the blue sphere]]
''Bad Omen'' (a.k.a. ''Devilish'' in the USA) is a very interesting take on the Breakout Clone genre, on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis. The player controls two different paddles (or each player controls one paddle), one of which can change height and orientation.
!!''[=Bad Omen=]'' displays examples of:
* BattleCouple: As stone paddles, the prince and princess work together to smash the blue ball into their enemies.
* BigDamnHeroes: Just when it seems like all hope is lost for the prince & princess to have a happy life, the blue sphere comes to their rescue.
* CueTheSun: The ending.
* DarkerAndEdgier: Most Breakout clones don't have a dark evil/gothic/horror theme... or much of any concrete theme at all.
* DeusExMachina: A mysterious blue sphere, which the prince & princess can use to fight back against evil, just happens to fall from the sky.
* EvilCounterpart: [[spoiler: The final boss shoot out blue spheres similar to your own.]]
* EvilIsVisceral: [[spoiler: The final boss is a beating heart.]]
* ExcusePlot: The introduction text is absolutely hilarious.
* GreenEyedMonster: The evil demon is jealous about the fact that a prince & princess can be happy.
* HoistByHisOwnPetard: The evil demon should have thought of something else to turn the prince & princess into.
* LethalLavaLand: The volcano stage, complete with volcanoes shooting out fireballs.
* LuckyCharmsTitle: The name of the demon.
* MysteriousProtector: Nothing is ever explained about the mysterious blue sphere.
* NoOntologicalInertia: [[spoiler: Defeating the evil demon results in the prince & princess turning back into human form once they get back to their kingdom.]]
* TakenForGranite: The prince & princess are cursed to be stone paddles. The cover art indicates that they are actually statues who are stuck onto the bottoms of gigantic stone paddles.
* TurnsRed: All of the bosses of the "defeat" type.
* WombLevel: [[spoiler: The final boss battle takes place in one of these, complete with a big beating demon heart.]]
This list shows the last 1 events of 1.