08:22:46 AM Jan 5th 2017
edited by SonicLover
edited by SonicLover
I don't think this page was cutlisted for anything resembling a good reason. The literal side of it probably falls under Just for Fun, and is an excellent illustration of the various methods of Playing with a Trope to boot, while the figurative side does a pretty good job of playing with something that allegedly can't be played with. And on a sidenote, it says on the cutlist to "click the wait button" in order to challenge a deletion, but I haven't found any wait button, just a "see discussion" button.
12:05:10 PM Jan 5th 2017
Except it's not in the Just for Fun namespace... that's just odd.
12:48:18 PM Jan 5th 2017
12:53:44 PM Jan 5th 2017
03:40:14 PM Jan 5th 2017
The problem with putting this page in the other namespace is that this page is in the style of a Playing With page, and changing the namespace would obfuscate that.
06:44:57 PM Aug 14th 2010
Y'know, it occurs to me that we could play with the actual purpose of the page. For example: Basic Trope: Something that happens all the time is called a trope.
- Straight: Alice suggests "People Watch TV" as a trope.
- Exaggerated: Alice makes a long list of ordinary activities, sprinkled with declarations of How Did We Miss This One?.
- Justified: Alice is new to TV Tropes, and isn't quite sure what a trope is.
- Inverted: ???
- Subverted: After a back-and-forth in the YKTTW comments, it becomes obvious that Alice has a tropeable idea in mind, but worded it badly.
- Double Subverted: After it gets launched, it gets subject to severe Trope Decay that undermines the specificity.
- Parodied: Alice makes a humorous writeup of the "People Watch TV" 'trope' on the forum.
- Deconstructed: ???
- Reconstructed: ???
- Zig Zagged: ???
- Averted: ???
- Enforced: Alice is a troll.
- Lampshaded: "I know this shows up a lot, but..."
- Invoked: ???
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
07:23:00 PM Aug 14th 2010
True. I found the literal version of this trope quite fun to play with, though. Is there any way we could accommodate both?
07:29:04 PM Aug 14th 2010
And if you're wondering about Inverted, take a peek at this YKTTW.
07:51:29 PM Aug 14th 2010
I was seriously considering having both consecutively on the page.
05:37:10 AM Oct 16th 2010
How's that for an Exploited Trope?
05:39:35 AM Oct 16th 2010
Please start a new topic of discussion if you're going to change the subject. That's what the "add a new topic" button below is for.