When going to see the 3D conversion of Finding Nemo
this past weekend, a trailer for a movie I never heard of before played in front called Dino Time 3D
, about 3 kids who accidentally activate a time machine invented by a friend and they get zapped to the Jurassic Era. I would be intrigued by this if it weren't for the fact that I usually hear about movies way before
I go see the trailer for it in theaters. This one was an odd duck among the rest of the trailers because...
- The story looks sub-par.
- The animation looks more TV-quality and the designs look so-so, while not the worst.
- No opening Vanity Plate. I couldn't even pinpoint what studios made it.
- No "from the makers of" credit was shown.
- No online history about it exists in my rounds. It has no trailer on Apple Trailers, and no news exists on AWN, and Animation Magazine.
- Rob Schneider plays an annoying sidekick.
I went home and did some research. Apparently, 5 Korean animation studios split the production between them. I BELIEVE IT.
There is no page for it on Wikipedia, and no page for it here. IMDB doesn't even tell you the distributor! Not only that, but apparently it had the older title of Dino Mom
, for some earlier release in another country or something!
What was the story behind the making of this movie!? If someone would enlighten me, I would be very much grateful.
edited 18th Sep '12 12:36:40 PM by kyun