Problematic material in the Vocaloids article:
- Most of the tropes are not related the the program itself, or the official content produced by any of the multiple companies that make this, but from fan-made videos made using the program. Its like having a Lord of the Rings page that is mostly tropes from fanfics.
- It makes no distinction between fanon and canon.
- It documents some of the creepier elements of fandom that we probably could do without. See the sections for Shota Con, Twincest, etc.
- It greatly abuses weblinks as examples.
edited 30th Apr '12 12:51:58 PM by Catbert
- As people have said before, the Vocaloid fandom is essentially built around the music created by users of the program. Thus, the lines between canon and fanon are often blurred. If we stripped the page of all fan-created material, it would be bare-bones at best, and not focusing on why people enjoy Vocaloid. In my opinion, the canon and fanon examples should be segregated, but on the same page.
- See above.
- Sadly, fans of those things are quite prominent in the Vocaloid fandom, but pure fan reactions could probably be cut. Songs are more complicated (see below).
- If it's okay, I could clean this up. It doesn't look too hard, considering that the required viewing is right there.
edited 30th Apr '12 5:53:19 PM by Shortcake
edited 30th Apr '12 7:34:30 PM by shimaspawn
edited 30th Apr '12 7:44:24 PM by shimaspawn